Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Gonna get my first AR service!

JohnG

I won the Chief AR service in the Victoria Bush Fire Raffle in March 2009, but had nothing to AR. Now Chief is running a batch after a long absence, decided to cash in with that oversized SMP Chrono homage w/ A7750 that I got on eBay a year or so ago...

I also though this would be a good one to customize, sterilize the dial, or change dial completely, maybe brush links on bracelet, superlume, etc... dunno, something along those lines.

AR will be a good start.

SDC12185.jpg

SDC12200.jpg

SDC12178.jpg

powderfreak

Nice one, but I really don't like that shiny bracelet... do you know what you paid for the watch?

JohnG
Nice one, but I really don't like that shiny bracelet... do you know what you paid for the watch?

Yeah, that's why I want to maybe brush it. Or at most, leave the center link polished...

I paid about $100 but I had to be REALLY patient to get it at that price, they go for anywhere up to $200, but with patience they can be had for much much less.

The size is 47mm, which I like, never ended up getting the SMP because I have got used to larger watches.

this is the seller, but I am not sure they still carry this one, haven't looked at the list:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lalilu001232/m.htm...om=&_ipg=25

Member X

Should be good! Have you seen Chief AR in RL before? It's ridiculously non-reflective lol

Are you gonna go for a monster relume?

JohnG
Should be good! Have you seen Chief AR in RL before? It's ridiculously non-reflective lol

Are you gonna go for a monster relume?

Just seen his AR in pics, can't wait to see it for real. This watch could be a nice project. Ofrei has some interesting dials, I have played with the idea of changing dial and perhaps hands as well, superluming, brushing outer links on bracelet, and maybe stripping the bezel insert and then annodizing pure black... You could really do something interesting with this...

Member X

Well, it's not like you've got any other projects on at the moment... :lol:

JohnG
Well, it's not like you've got any other projects on at the moment... :lol:

Nothing pressing. But I do have probably a dozen unfinished watches I haven't touched in a year or more... some of them are going to be damned cool when I finish them... :lol:

Luthier

Very, very beautiful watch, John!!! Bezel is just stunning, and dual too.

Dendo

+1

Also love the crown guards and guard screws on the pushers. Nice watch.