Sign in to follow this  
tag

Can I take my replica to an Authorize Dealer?

tag

Hi Friends!

I just bought some reps of Rolex and Tag and wanted to find out if there is a risk of taking them to an authorized dealer for bracelet adjustments. I do not have any equipment to do it myself and I am not the stillest person in that tiny operation field. What is you opinion, Is it a risk of loosing a watch?

thank you

Monsieur_B
Hi Friends!

I just bought some reps of Rolex and Tag and wanted to find out if there is a risk of taking them to an authorized dealer for bracelet adjustments. I do not have any equipment to do it myself and I am not the stillest person in that tiny operation field. What is you opinion, Is it a risk of loosing a watch?

thank you

Better not buddy unless its a gen bracelet. But they wont touch it or might charge you.

Find a local watch repair and get the job done. :D

KeNnY

Yes especially take your Rolex rep to AD ! They are always intrigued how our reps are getting better and better so they size the bracelet for free and make visual inspection and service of the movement for free also.

NOT.

Never take the rep watch to AD ! Find an friendly watchmaker that will size the bracelet for you, but sure not AD ! :D Hope this helps

greg_r

NO! DO NOT TAKE A REP INTO AN AD!

You'll need to take it to a small independent watch repairer - or one of those booths that sell watch straps etc in many shopping malls.

Better yet, learn to do it yourself. It's not difficult.

andygt

All you need to adjust a rolex bracelet is a small screwdriver, it's that piss easy even I can do it.

Del

:D

Read more you must....:blink:

powderfreak
Hi Friends!

thank you

The folks with the best reps take part in the "The Best Rolex Replica - Free Gen DSSD - lottery"! I always take my newest Rolex rep to the AD to get another chance to win the DSSD...

:rofl:

Mystery Shopper

Its a 'no' from me too.

Don't go to an AD with a rep. I go to a watchsmith / jeweller / shoe repairer / key cutter booth bloke who does a good job.

WebWind
Hi Friends!

thank you

Risk of loosing your watch is very near to 200%

tag

That is what I wanted to have confirmed!

I manage to adjust the Rolex my self, pretty easy, Tag though requires special tools. I will find the watch repair master.

Thank you for the suggestions!

KeNnY

and don't forget, even that AD could take your watch, for sizing bracelet you would pay like 100USD, because you want to size bracelet of 7000 USD watch.

Where on local watchmaker it would cost 5 USD max.

When I had my first replica watch I bought from china market in Prague, I wanted to size the bracelet, and I found some watch store, I come in and asked to size it, showed him the watch, he looked at it with his greedy looking eyes, when he seen Breitling and he said the price will be 15€ , I laughed hard and walked out of the store, waited few days, and sized it at my local town for 1 €. That was before I had the tools or experience with watches.

jdoe

Go, but take a gun too, just in case they try to steal your watch out of envy!

Edited by jdoe

JohnG

I wouldn't do it, just because I would be afraid of being embarassed, but the whole "Don't take your rep to AD" mantra, meh, it is kind of silly. The reasoning always goes like this: we don't want them to know how good our reps are, taking the rep to them will draw attention to the hobby, unwanted scrutiny, and is a provocation that will lead to greater pressure on the Chinese govt. to shut down the illegal trade.

Of course, all this would make sense... if the gen manufacturers didn't have Google and a functioning brain stem. Because that is all it takes (along with about .22 seconds) to get 171,000,000 results related to "fake watch." THEY FUCKING KNOW THERE ARE GOOD REPS OUT THERE. Seriously, for the love of God, would people use a little common sense for once?

Take your watch, don't take your watch, it DOESN'T MATTER. But you might be embarassed, but that's about it. They are not the police btw, they cannot seize your watch, especially in countries such as the United States where owning a rep isn't even illegal.

KeNnY

yes here it is also, it is not illegal to owning a rep watch or purse or anything, but it is illegal to sell it, or bring it into our open market... The thing that state really hates is that they think they have lost the tax of the 8 000 € watch, when you have bought 100€ rep.. for them the loss for the gen factory is 8 000 € because you didn't buy their gen watch but rep, what is fucking stupid, because if you had 8000 € for watch you would buy gen, and if not, then they will never had that money from you :rofl: literal corner closed :D

Cynikal.Mindset

if you take your rep in to an AD they wont take it from you...if its a good rep and the sales rep isn't a douche nozzle he may compliment you and not blame you for buying a replica...how do I know? I've done it and handed the watch over to the sales rep, he was surprised on how well it was made and how close it was to the real deal and when I told him the price he nearly crapped himself.

YMMV

ccucco

Noooooooooo.....

greg_r
I wouldn't do it, just because I would be afraid of being embarassed, but the whole "Don't take your rep to AD" mantra, meh, it is kind of silly.

hehehe - well, they can't confiscate it and they won't call the customs ninjas, but equally they won't help you and yes, it could get embarassing dependent on how polite or otherwise the AD is feeling. Plenty of retail workers look forward to having an opportunity to give a customer a justifiably hard time - they don't often get the chance :D

Anyhow being bitchslapped by a sales weenie is never fun.... :D

dingle

To avoid embarrassment just ship your rep to the authorized dealer. I suggest EMS and track the shipping. Hope this helps. :D

greg_r

HWG

I own a retail store. Sure, I would love to give customers a hard time when I can, but I am a small business and would do anything to keep my customers coming back. I even fix broken things they have bought from my competitors, just to retain their future business. If an AD wants to give you a hard time, then you know to never go back. I personally would not take my rep to an AD, but it is up to you.

greg_r

hehe - well you're a store owner. Staff in large chains are rarely as well motivated :D (speaking from experience - I worked in retail management for some years).

andygt

Can I put my willy in a carrot slicer?

greg_r

Sure. Be my guest!

Monsieur_B
Sure. Be my guest!

Corv99
yes here it is also, it is not illegal to owning a rep watch or purse or anything, but it is illegal to sell it, or bring it into our open market... The thing that state really hates is that they think they have lost the tax of the 8 000 € watch, when you have bought 100€ rep.. for them the loss for the gen factory is 8 000 € because you didn't buy their gen watch but rep, what is fucking stupid, because if you had 8000 € for watch you would buy gen, and if not, then they will never had that money from you ;) literal corner closed :D

Word Bro!!!

very true, I also argue same for dowloading movies..... I go to the cinema most weeks, I do still buy DVD's

I have cable for pay for view movies, use all of these..... I do download, if I couldn't I would wait for it to come to TV

the industry are losing none of my money whatsoever

Same true of watches, the companies are losing none of my money!! end of I f I could get an IWC for $100, would I then go

alright then I'll pay $10k instead :(