Sign in to follow this  
tag

Can I take my replica to an Authorize Dealer?

mianos

On the other hand, I do wonder how many wives and people who bought a rep not knowing it was a fake, have taken a watch into an AD to get fixed. (The date wheel seems to have dropped a bit :( ). I'm sure an AD service centre would see quite a few very low end reps on a regular basis. I'd guess they'd just politely inform you that it's a rep and maybe you should look elsewhere for service.

JohnG

I think we should prepare a flier, with ReplicaMake's web address, and several different popular reps, with pics and prices, and paste them to the display windows of ADs in the middle of the night.

:(

greg_r
I think we should prepare a flier, with ReplicaMake's web address, and several different popular reps, with pics and prices, and paste them to the display windows of ADs in the middle of the night.

;)

That sounds like fun. I'm in! :(

Caliper

Seriously!? You might as well go to a police station and ask for bullets.

powderfreak

"Yo, man, ma niggaz 'n meh, we've hada fuckin drive-by, got some 9mm for ma Uzi, man?"

SeanusMaximus

"Yo, man, ma niggaz 'n meh, we've hada fuckin drive-by, got some 9mm for ma Uzi, man?"

"and could we have some cheesy niblets? we are frightfully hungry..."

greg_r

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can request cheesy niblets from old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who make said cheesy snacks are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

SeanusMaximus
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can request cheesy niblets from old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who make said cheesy snacks are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

look, a swan:

dead-swans.jpg

greg_r

Hmm - is it Swan upping Sunday again already?

SeanusMaximus
Hmm - is it Swan upping Sunday again already?

unfortunately not, it was a tragic accident, involving:

300.jpg

with:

103770549_e73c391fa8.jpg

and copious amounts of:

funny-picture-5ae4y0ztb5-RETARDS.jpg

:lol:

fe22ari

Are you nuts?

Ollifl

Yeah, are you

tumblr_l3z3hpwuwe1qcr5y2o1_500.jpg

SeanusMaximus

I love nuts!

love_my_nuts.jpg

Ollifl
I love nuts!

love_my_nuts.jpg

Actually, I like mine brass

1big-brass.jpg

SeanusMaximus
I love nuts!

love_my_nuts.jpg

Actually, I like mine brass

1big-brass.jpg

it looks like a cooking utensil...

Ollifl

What are you cooking, some traditional British meal?

powderfreak

Bacon and Eggs?

Ollifl

Something with

shaun_the_sheep_wallpaper5.jpg

tag

So I took my watch to the local watch repair shop, not that I was afraid of standing face to face to an AD, but there is no AD in the place I live.

That was a funny experience, first the master was the lady, that made me nervous but I thought I will give it a chance.

She was fighting with the bracelet of my brand new Tag grand carrera for about 20 minutes, she even call another lady to help her slamming the hammer!

End result - 2 links removed and some minor scratches.

For some reason I would not trust her to work on the movement!

opus9
Yes especially take your Rolex rep to AD ! They are always intrigued how our reps are getting better and better so they size the bracelet for free and make visual inspection and service of the movement for free also.

NOT.

Never take the rep watch to AD ! Find an friendly watchmaker that will size the bracelet for you, but sure not AD ! :facepalm: Hope this helps

lol...you even had me thinking has Matej lost his marbles..lol...nice one

SirDomino

From what I understand, Rolex has the right to confiscate a fake watch and even to sue you for the infringement. Once an item has their logo on it without their permission it may be considered intellectual property theft, possibly a felony and the watch is evidence. Most watches get confiscated when folks send them in to get them serviced thinking they are real watches and they turn out to be fake. Most folks that work at an AD wouldn't be able to know for sure, and I think it rare to ever have an employee actually try to take a watch from an individual customer.

Here is a case of a guy who brought 8 low quality fake Rolex watches from China and was fined $55,000 by US Customs/Homeland Security.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070509/151831.shtml

Makes me think twice about wearing a replica when traveling on a plane or going on a cruise ship, especially if I have to go through customs.

Of course, if you modify a Rolex with non-genuine sanctioned Rolex parts you will get this on your receipt if you send it in for service.

"The addition of non-genuine parts to any Rolex watch renders it a counterfeit as defined by Federal Law. It is therefore unlawful to sell or offer such modified watch for sale. Rolex will not service watches altered with non-genuine parts or accessories. All parts are replaced on a trade-in basis."

They supposedly put a guy in jail just for wearing a fake Rolex, which the guy claims he had no idea it was fake.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html

So I suppose it depends which Rolex dealer you visit, or send your watch to, and which country you are in in regards to the risk.

Edited by SirDomino

JohnG
From what I understand, Rolex has the right to confiscate a fake watch

No they don't.

cvp3

I take my watches in for sizing quite a bit. I just explain that I picked the watch up off a site called RWG. They have these "approved" vendors so everything is legit. They of course pick up right away that the watches are reps and I just explain that I had no idea. I've only had one bad incident where the shop owner refused to return my watch. He stated that "it was wrong to have a replica watch" and that "he felt bad that I'd been taken advantage of". He then gave me a genuine Breitling Super Avenger for free and said to stay away from "those websites". You can't imagine how grateful I was for the advice. I then sold the Breitling on ebay for $5,000 and simply bought 10 awesome replicas. Lesson learned.

The preceding was brought to you by;

Foreign

Underwriting

Consumers are

KING

Independent

Distributors

In

Offshore

Timepiece

Sales

Or FUC-KING IDIOTS short

Edited by cvp3

NFleischer

Rolex bracelets are super easy to size. Get a jewlers screwdriver or an eyeglass repair kit.

Even I can do that! Pins are much harder to work with, especially on ceramic watches.

torobravo

Take it, take it!

beavis_butt-head_image_washington_monument_01.jpg