Sign in to follow this  
markeym3

21j 2813-2 is it any good ??

markeym3

Hey guys just looking around as you do and came across the 21j 2813-2 higher beat movement in a dssd , so whats the score is it a very iffy movement or am i gonna get some smooth action here , or maybe some smooth action then goes tits up after a week ??

your thoughts are most welcome

Marc

greg_r

If it's supposed to be high-beat it's usually designated the DG4813 and they're hard to source at present. Whilst a few still get shipped, a lot of folks end up with low-beat movements anyhow.

Frankly I'd be dubious of the description and would be inclined to stick with a standard low-beat 21J or go for the Asian clone if I wanted high-beat (which is a much better movement).

Who's the dealer?

SeanusMaximus
If it's supposed to be high-beat it's usually designated the DG4813 and they're hard to source at present. Whilst a few still get shipped, a lot of folks end up with low-beat movements anyhow.

Frankly I'd be dubious of the description and would be inclined to stick with a standard low-beat 21J or go for the Asian clone if I wanted high-beat (which is a much better movement).

Who's the dealer?

I was going to say the same, I had a dubious DSSD with a 4813 at one point, and must say it was barely any better than a bog basic 21j, go asian clone!

markeym3

Hi guys thanks for the fast input , the dealer is Trevor over on RWI (trusted dealer)

ROLEX The Ultimate Version of DeepSea SS Black Asia 2813-2 21J $98

Ok maybe I will go for the better movement , the watch looks good though that is what appealed to me , correct 10 etc etc and for the price seems good ..

Cynikal.Mindset

for the price you will be happy even with a basic 21j movement its a solid watch. I love my 21j DSSD even though its lowbeat I cant bring myself to pay more for 2 more ticks/sec.

greg_r

Yup - it'll be fine for the money, high-beat or not.

markeym3

Thanks for the opinion guys , I have had a few deep sea's in the past all 21j , it was just the correct 10 and the overall appearance that drew me in and of course the price , but yes if the beat is high great if not then still great ..

cheers

marc

Luthier

2813 never been a hi-beat mov't.

fragzzone

Looks like the one replika make used to sell. I went with asian clone because that watch draws attention, were I live very little people would pay attention or recognize but they will directly stare at the seconds hands.

markeym3

Ah yes , funny you say that I had a couple from Lay and i'm sure one had a perfect 10 and maybe a smoother sweep but could be mistaken about the sweep , also I reckon it was $88 from Lay ,, One of the best value reps IMHO , seem to think if anything the diver extension used to be a pain in the arse so I just bypassed it ,, but nice all the same ..

Huds

I`ve just had to join RWI to have a look at this !! and now I`m not sure what to do as i`ve just sold two watches to enable me to buy a higher quality sub but this has thrown me as it looks like it could be a good one to buy ? But I want to buy a keeper, is there any other giveaways with this one apart from the movement ? as that doesn`t bother me as on the wrist you can`t tell unless you really stare and the persons wrist is still.

markeym3

I know where your coming from , It is a great watch for the price , cant see any obvious problems , I have a dssd at the moment , but as i said the perfect 10 thing appealed to me looks good overall , but then maybe if it were a keeper then the better movement would be a safer bet ,, just gonna order 2 now ,, this bloody watch game is getting a bit pricey ,,,,