Sign in to follow this  
olly593

Best movement for a Breitling SuperOcean?

olly593

Well you guys have well and truly given me the Rep watch bug so far ive got 6 reps in hand and two more in the post one from Roberts auction site and another from Mary. However up to now they have all been cheapies priced below the $100 mark, now i think though it's time to move on and have an upgrade in the movement.

Ive decided on a Breitling SuperOcean most probably from Torobravo http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=16084 with the yellow bezel.

However i'm unsure what movement to go for, i've read the movement guide and think i can rule out the $308 Swiss Eta, but is it worth the extra $60 for the Swiss Sw200 movement as oppose to the Asian Eta? Any advice appreciated people, thanks in advance.

Edited by olly593

seoulbrova

An excellent watch, it was my second purchase after the UPO and it blows that outta the water in terms of finish and quality IMO.

Personally I went with the clone and it is keeping excellent time.

I only wish they had the steel bracelets

greg_r

The asian clone is a good movement, but personally I'd go for the SW200 - if only for a little piece of mind. Genuine swiss and just as good as the ETA.

NFleischer

For me - I'd get the SW mov't if it's available. I just prefer Swiss and

for the most part these are gen as opposed to the 'Swiss' ETA which is a crap shoot. The SW are being cloned already

I hear! The clones are OK, but I feel like the SW have better power reserve.

Basically as the boss says.

Silverspeed

+1 for the SW movement. The ones I had were very clean, the finish on them is better then on the ETA and/or clones.Also the winding, datechange and timesetting feels better and higher quality

seoulbrova

...but the problem is, how can you be sure you're getting a genuine swiss movement?

torobravo

If you can afford, you should go for a swiss

Cynikal.Mindset
If you can afford, you should go for a swiss

swiss eta or swiss selitta?

olly593

Thanks for the help guys, after some more research i decided to go for the Asian eta movement from torobravo, will post a review when it arrives