Sign in to follow this  
Dssd

Marys gmt 2c Swiss stainless or timeshops gmt 2c Swiss please advise

Dssd

Marys gmt 2c Swiss stainless or timeshops gmt 2c Swiss please advise which one I should buy

Ps, I already have marys gmt 2c tt swiss

Can I please take this time to say what an amazing forum everyone is so friendly and there's a wealth of knowledge on these reps

I think RWG is great :D

SeanusMaximus
Marys gmt 2c Swiss stainless or timeshops gmt 2c Swiss please advise which one I should buy

Ps, I already have marys gmt 2c tt swiss

Can I please take this time to say what an amazing forum everyone is so friendly and there's a wealth of knowledge on these reps

I think RWG is great :D

YES FOR ALL!

2496d1185429546-your-mental-image-users-ugly_person.jpg

AlphaLima

Personally, i'd go for Mary every time.

Del

If you already have the TT from Mary and you're happy with it then why wouldn't you buy this one from her too?

Go with your instinct! :custardpie:

Dssd

Just the difference in price

Mary s = $315

timeshop = $ 212

powderfreak

Check what the differences are, i.e. handstack, dial, ...

Luthier

...and movements. $212 for Swiss Eta? I don't think so.

fragzzone

In some cases watch comes from the same factory and dealers have like a $20 price difference. Definitely a better movement will increase the price on a specific model, I kindly ask the dealer about the origin of the watch.

Never had a problem with TS as well :)

Edited by fragzzone

P4GTR

Technically speaking, both dealers should be sending the exact same watch from the exact same factory, the only difference is one dealer happens to be much cheaper than the other. I have an a-eta version that should be arriving from TS tomorrow, so I think you know what I would do. :D

Luthier
Technically speaking, both dealers should be sending the exact same watch from the exact same factory, the only difference is one dealer happens to be much cheaper than the other. I have an a-eta version that should be arriving from TS tomorrow, so I think you know what I would do. :D

Completely not true. There's 3 best factories in GZ area, and all make same watches slightly different.

Look on Robert's or Mary's clasps engravings on DSSDs or Subs, and BK's engraving. Visibly different.

twall

I bought a $49 sub from TS as my first rep, on the suggestion from another member here. He said I'd be surprised at what I got.

I was. My experience with TS was very good, and they didn't lie about anything. The quality was much better than I was supposed to get (according to another member - all cheapies are shit). It has a nice, reliable Seagull (or variant) movement in it, and from the bracelet to the face, to the crown seals, to the winding (very smooth) - I am tickled to death over what TS sold me.

I know the question wasn't about cheapies, but I can vouch for the honesty, quality and great overall experience with Timesshops. My next rep will probably come from them (whenever that is......)!

[Not saying anything bad about Mary, but I don't have any experience with her, aside from PM'ing a question or two. She has a lot of fans on the board, anyway - you won't have to look far to find someone who'll say something nice about her!]

Balad1

One word/name: MARY!

pamelo
Just the difference in price

Mary s = $315

timeshop = $ 212

I have the Timeshop one I bought at the earlier $193 price. I've had it a couple of months.

Works great. Very good quality Noob rep. Etched serials/model, etc.

It does not have the ceramic bezel (looks metal like the gen). The gen doesn't either.

model 16610LV? It was discontinued in 2010? after 6 years and replaced with a ceramic bezel

116610LV, I think.

Did both have the swiss eta 33xx series movt? I forget. Mine has swiss eta 2836-2. 25J. Plenty good.

The gens are valuable, by the way, since they were discontinued for the ceramic model.

Watchnuts

I got the GMT 2 C from TS. This watch is perfect quality all around. I can not see how the more expensive one could be any better.

NFleischer

I have the $140 Clone version from TS. Also the Sub C, for the same price. It's a very good deal for less than half the $.

Marys may be abit better, of course assuming there's a new ETA. A dealer told me the cheaper 'Swiss' mov'ts are often

the refurbished ones. The $300 versions hopefully are new.

P4GTR
Technically speaking, both dealers should be sending the exact same watch from the exact same factory, the only difference is one dealer happens to be much cheaper than the other. I have an a-eta version that should be arriving from TS tomorrow, so I think you know what I would do. :(

Completely not true. There's 3 best factories in GZ area, and all make same watches slightly different.

Look on Robert's or Mary's clasps engravings on DSSDs or Subs, and BK's engraving. Visibly different.

I emailed TS prior to ordering and asked if I would be receiving the newest version GMT ceramic from NF. They said yes. So one could conclude that both dealers are advertising noobfactory GMT's. If i'm missing something, forgive me.

I think both Mary and TS are great dealers, I've had nothing but good experiences with both of them. I chose to get it from TS and save the money. I received the watch today and it is excellent. I'm very impressed. No major/minor flaws to be found (in build quality or cosmetics), this is being said after spending time with the gen yesterday.

I'd be glad to take pictures of whatever anyone would like to see if it helps. Here are some quick shots for now:

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7623.jpg

IMG_7634.jpg

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

twall

I was under the impression that NOT ALL reps are 'noobfactory' reps. I have also read (somewhere here I do believe) there are several parts suppliers and assembly places, and they are not all equal. The 'noobfactory' ones seem to be the newest (?) versions (and the best, IMHO) of reps. I may be totally off here, and if so - someone will gladly flame me.

Otherwise, no one will say a word. :(

I CAN tell you this much from my limited experience - I bought a rep from Silix, and one from TS, and they were both in the same price range, Both purchased only a month apart, both were brand new, and both were subs. But, from the movement to the face, to the case, to the bracelet, they are NOT AT ALL the same thing. The Silix one looks and feels older and cheaper, whereas the 'noobfactory' rep from TS seems much higher quality.

P4GTR
I was under the impression that NOT ALL reps are 'noobfactory' reps. I have also read (somewhere here I do believe) there are several parts suppliers and assembly places, and they are not all equal. The 'noobfactory' ones seem to be the newest (?) versions (and the best, IMHO) of reps. I may be totally off here, and if so - someone will gladly flame me.

Otherwise, no one will say a word. :D

I CAN tell you this much from my limited experience - I bought a rep from Silix, and one from TS, and they were both in the same price range, Both purchased only a month apart, both were brand new, and both were subs. But, from the movement to the face, to the case, to the bracelet, they are NOT AT ALL the same thing. The Silix one looks and feels older and cheaper, whereas the 'noobfactory' rep from TS seems much higher quality.

Absolutely, there's other factorys making these GMT's in various levels of quality. The best version around is the V3 from noobfactory. This is the version I received from TS. Usually when a rep has been heavily reviewed and narrowed down to a specific version and factory, you have a good understanding of what you will receive. Other less popular watches may not have the reviews or factory detail and leave a little to the imagination.