Sign in to follow this  
edil

Garmin 405

edil

Yeah!!!!!!! Baby.

Last week i got this watch that Ted (Balad) bought it for me from amazon.

Thank you my man, it's just another example of what kind of people are here on RWG.

First Luth and now Balad, the kindness and selflessness that these two showed me is unmeasurable.

Besides being so kind Ted is also so sneaky and innovtive.

In attempt to avoid customs, he put the watch in to a duct tape at buble wrapped it, which did the job done.

I got the watch successfully and it works like it should.

The only thing left is to go outside and run my ass of.

Thank you Ted and enjoy your Hawaiian life, plenty of sunshine and lots of beautifull women with boobs. :Praying::Drinking2::Praying:

Here are some pictures i took of the watch :

DSC01792.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

greg_r

Ted's a pretty cool guy.

Not so sure about the watch, to be honest :Praying:

Ntmf
Yeah!!!!!!! Baby.

Last week i got this watch that Ted (Balad) bought it for me from amazon.

Thank you my man, it's just another example of what kind of people are here on RWG.

First Luth and now Balad, the kindness and selflessness that these two showed me is unmeasurable.

Besides being so kind Ted is also so sneaky and innovtive.

In attempt to avoid customs, he put the watch in to a duct tape at buble wrapped it, which did the job done.

I got the watch successfully and it works like it should.

The only thing left is to go outside and run my ass of.

Thank you Ted and enjoy your Hawaiian life, plenty of sunshine and lots of beautifull women with boobs. ;):boobies3::D

Please be sure not to run in the rain - it is splash proof, but the touch-bezel won't work

Ntmf

btw - you did realize that this thing has integrated gps?

Be sure to get an account at:

https://connect.garmin.com/signin?cid=3269908

It is really cool if you see how much you did run during the last weeks, month (for me: years)!

edil

Yap, i did.

But thanks ntmf.

That's the reason i got this watch, to tell me my speed and distance while i'm running.

And when it comes to gps devices garmin is the best.

ath
:lol: hmmm, it surely wears big on your wrist mate...

Turbo
DSC01798.jpg

Is that a rep ?

:P

mianos

While not overly attractive, it's a great watch for running. I have had a GPS when cycling training for a number of years. I love collecting the data. I used to use gGarmin connect, but being a cycling I moved over to strava. I've got over 18,000 ks logged on garmin connect.

I have the edge 500 for my bike but if I was going to get a watch I'd probably get that one. The GPS is rock solid and there are a lot of applications and web sites you can upload the data to. (If you are happy with the limited upload the nike+ watch is pretty cool too),

This is out summer classic ride we do most Sundays, logged on the Garmin: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/116393810

edil

You freaking kidding me!

riding for 100 km, that's insane man, congratz.

E-Dub

I've put a couple thousand running miles on gamins over the years. 405 was great except for the touch bezel. If it's hot where you are and you sweat a lot, it renders the bezel pretty useless as the watch can't tell the difference between a touch and a drop a sweat. Not a problem if you don't run until you are soaked, or if you don't want to see different features while you're wearing it, but it can be a problem in Triathlon T2 or if you're out running "a brick" to change from one mode to another. Also, on the 405, they were concerned with making it look like a watch, which means numbers are small or there's limited data fields for the bike.

I changed in the last 6 months to a 310xt and love it. Only gamin that you can swim in and it does normalized power rather than just 3 or 60 sec avg power on the bike. To be honest its making me consider selling my 705 bike computer. It's that good/ easy to read on the bike, to, and it always works on the run, regardless of dehydration levels.

Have no regrets, but put the 310xt on the list as the 405s replacement when the battery craps out from the charging cycle in 18-24 months.

E-Dub

powderfreak
Ted's a pretty cool guy.

Not so sure about the watch, to be honest ;)

+1 :thumbsup2: But to be honest, my brother just asked me about watches with gps yesterday... he started running and thinks he needs one of those. I told him to look into it when he is able to run more than a mile, so probably... never ;)

mianos

e-dub, I had the Edge 305 before the 500. I never use navigation and I'd rather smaller than larger so I got a 500 over the 705. No way I'd bother with the new 800, way too big and does way more than I need on the road. (Have you got an SRM or a quark?)

Strava is much better: http://app.strava.com/rides/1663988

Edil, I just noticed they have a run specific version. That's worth checking out if it's as much an improvement over garmin connect for cycling. You can do almost everything with the free accounts now (they used to be very limited).

The huge plus over garmin connect is strava still uses google maps. Garmin went to bing and if you are not in the US bing maps are next to useless for running and very limited for riding because they only have very low resolution in most of the world.

edil

Thanks mianos i just signed in.