Sign in to follow this  
Cynikal.Mindset

Breitling SuperOcean Abyss

Cynikal.Mindset

So with my never ending fuckery upon watches while repairing I managed to poke a hole (through the lume) in my minute hand. I have a new dial on order but now I guess I need to relume my hands or at least one of them since the 6/9/12 markers are gonna be tough cuz they are laqured over with a matte paint to make the indices look like blasted steel.

so, what colour lume do I need to get to match this up? or should I just give up and have somebody else do this before more fuckery occurs?

here is a picture cuz we all love pictures

imageytx.jpg

seoulbrova

what needed repairs in the first place?

NCRich

Are you sure you should be opening that up again :D

*makes note not to let CM ever touch his watch.

Cynikal.Mindset

hahahaha...the tube on the second hand wasn't properly attached to the hand so after setting the hand back on the tube I was using a pin to "flare" the tube on to the hand when it slipped and the "oh fuck" moment happened.

I have bad luck on cosmetic things but no problems with inner workings (keyless works etc).

FML

Cynikal.Mindset

I have done some looking around and I think the w@tchlume GXtreme C3 is a good choice but fuck, I think I'll pay somebody to put this thing back together right so I don't cause any more ham fisted errors.

Greenhat

Can i ask whom you got this watch from?

Cynikal.Mindset

I purchased it from another member on RWI and it was perfectly fine until my tinkering nature took over

Greenhat
I purchased it from another member on RWI and it was perfectly fine until my tinkering nature took over

Yep all fingers and thumbs. I'm a little bit like that myself ,Only fucked up 3 watches so far

NCRich

My bikes and motorcycles were constantly messed up when I was kid. Took everything apart, rarely got it back together.

Cynikal.Mindset

I'm a perfectionist so I can't leave things alone that have a minute flaw and in many cases this causes more problems than there were initially...I need a modder next door so I can fuck something up and just walk it over

give me a car or anything with "normal" size bits and I'm your guy but these watches with their itty bitty fragile pieces are gonna be my death I'm sure

Greenhat
My bikes and motorcycles were constantly messed up when I was kid. Took everything apart, rarely got it back together.

I was like that as a kid could could always undo a jigsaw puzzle ,but could never put it back together

MikeMcNair

If you are a patient man, I will fix all and any lume, using the g max, for 25 bucks. If the whole watch needs a relume (which it does not sound like the case) it's 75 for that watch.

Oh, and it will be PERFECT.

Cheers

Michael

Cynikal.Mindset

Cool Mike, I ordered new hands and dial so I might just send everything to you to put back together and relume the old hands.

MikeMcNair

no prob man lemme know.