Sign in to follow this  
Drhulee

A7750 Keyless options

Drhulee

Alright, besides removing the movement and dial to get at the top of the keyless works, what are some things I can try to fix the keyless works that I've probably screwed up by pressing on the stem release button too hard?

I figure I'll probably have to do the dis-assembly, by I figured I'd give it a shot :)

onzenuub

Maybe an idea to pm Francisco @ RGW.cc about this.

greg_r

According to Ziggy, the keyless works on the a7750 can be very tricky and it depends on the symptoms you're seeing as to whether it's practible for anyone other than a watchsmith to fix.

If you can't pull the stem to the time setting position, the problem is most likely the hacking lever. Once in a while the clutch and hacking lever will get out of position, and the lever will not be engaged into the clutch wheel. There is a fix without a full disassembly, but it involves removing the balance wheel, and pushing the hacking lever back into place from where it meets the balance wheel...not a simple or easy fix. It can be done, but it's challenging.

The only other fix, is to get at the keyless works from the dial side and reposition the hacking lever into the clutch gear."

Drhulee
According to Ziggy, the keyless works on the a7750 can be very tricky and it depends on the symptoms you're seeing as to whether it's practible for anyone other than a watchsmith to fix.

If you can't pull the stem to the time setting position, the problem is most likely the hacking lever. Once in a while the clutch and hacking lever will get out of position, and the lever will not be engaged into the clutch wheel. There is a fix without a full disassembly, but it involves removing the balance wheel, and pushing the hacking lever back into place from where it meets the balance wheel...not a simple or easy fix. It can be done, but it's challenging.

The only other fix, is to get at the keyless works from the dial side and reposition the hacking lever into the clutch gear."

I'm fairly certain it's this problem, as it will still wind without any problem, but just won't click into setting position. It just sort of bounces (springy like), when you push the stem/crown all the way to the bottom.

I remember reading somewhere that putting a little watch oil on the stem sometimes fixes this. I just can't find where and I'm not sure how much oil, where to put it or if it will even work in this situation.

Thanks for the suggestions.

AllergyDoc

RolexAddict knows how to do this. He's taken a bunch apart and put them back together again. Have you checked his two threads pinned in this subforum?

Edited by AllergyDoc

Drhulee
RolexAddict knows how to do this. He's taken a bunch apart and put them back together again. Have you checked his two threads pinned in this subforum?

Nope, heading over there now. Thanks

Drhulee

I will do some more searching, but in the mean time...

AllergyDoc, are you talking about his pinned threads above? Any differences for seconds at 9 GMT movements (mine is an 089)?

I just skimmed through it, but didn't find the reference to setting mechanism, I will read it more thoroughly later.

Cheers

AllergyDoc
AllergyDoc, are you talking about his pinned threads above? Any differences for seconds at 9 GMT movements (mine is an 089)?

Heck if I know. Over my head…

sconehead

This will certainly help...

http://pugwash.info/eta/eta.zip

Drhulee

Great link, I hadn't seen that one before, thanks

Heck if I know. Over my head…

:notworthy:

This will certainly help...

http://pugwash.info/eta/eta.zip

Thanks, I've downloaded the one for the 6497 and it was a great help. I'd forgotten about this one.

RolexAddict

If you put out the stem when the crown is full pull at the time setting position, the stem is a little bit hard to push it inside again.

You need to push it in, then press and force screwing the crown. You will hear a "click" and its done.

When you put the stem inside the movement be also carefull to well align the stem inside the clutch wheel hole as this wheel is moving free.

If you hit the side of this wheel with the stem , and you force, you destroy everything and you will have to dessasemble the movement to put everything again in place...

Edited by RolexAddict

Drhulee
If you put out the stem when the crown is full pull at the time setting position, the stem is a little bit hard to push it inside again.

You need to push it in, then press and force screwing the crown. You will hear a "click" and its done.

When you put the stem inside the movement be also carefull to well align the stem inside the clutch wheel hole as this wheel is moving free.

If you hit the side of this wheel with the stem , and you force, you destroy everything and you will have to dessasemble the movement to put everything again in place...

"Screwing the crown"? Oh, you're thinking Rolex :lol: I've got PAMs

RolexAddict

Ah ! sorry,

Anyway, its no a good thing on the A7750 to push the stem release button when the crown is at the time setting postion