Sign in to follow this  
kingpinup

My first purchases!

kingpinup

So these are my first purchases, and i'd love any advice on where to go from here, etc... and I'll share my experience.

Worked with Mary - it was easy working with her except I've got no patience for snail mail in this electronic age :P and I was working on a cruise ship at the time of delivery which is always a super pain to risk having something sent to the ship. (Also, on the way out, a customs patrol asked me about my JLC tourbillion because I work on the most expensive cruise line in the world and had to explain to him how I um... owned it as a family heirloom or something... he told me I was lucky to have such a nice watch at my age... bwahah... and how his favorite pastime is taxing the rich people... what a jackass...)

Anyways, all was generally good, there were a few things I wasn't psyched about, but as an amateur, first time collector, I'm pretty green I guess.

As I just posted previously, a screw came out of the JLC tourbillion rep ($550) after the first time wearing it, and kept coming out until I finally lost it... and the band is pretty plastic-y and had a few scuff marks on it to begin with.

Navitimer

img5333u.jpg

The Navitimer is AWESOME except I don't think that there is a Navitimer like this that has the numbers instead of the lumed nub things (I dunno what they're called)

I'd like to get a new one that has the nubs for number indicators rather than the numbers, I think that perhaps makes this a dead giveaway as a replica? perhaps I'm wrong? I dunno.

On that note - do you guys suggest getting a gen Breitling band? what are the perks of having the gen band? I'd like to get one for a Navitimer if the perks are there.

Corum

img5198u.jpg

It has gotten no wrist time because it just isn't an interesting rep, I guess.... the Golden Bridge was my unicorn for a long time but this just doesn't do it for me. It feels very cheapy, doesn't look very real.

Panerai

img5193e.jpg

I love this one but the Breitling tends to get more wrist time, I guess I think it's based on the identifiability, I want to get a new strap for it.

Like this http://www.panatime.com/20blhaubrris.html but can anybody tell me which size is correct? and what's the difference between the 40 band and the 80 dollar band that look exactly the same?

Finally, how does one go about improving the lume on his Panerai, it seems like all you pros help eachother out and will make the lume better for eachother, but how does just a newb go about getting it done?

Cheers,

kingpinup

Edited by kingpinup

amuthon

Correct size is 24mm, like this one: look

Don't know about different quality of these straps.

You may also look here: waccex

cheers

Cynikal.Mindset

mate, your navitimer is a replica of a real version

screenshot20110926at815.png

NFleischer

That PAM looks like it may be a new 005- should have great lume out of the box.

kingpinup
mate, your navitimer is a replica of a real version

screenshot20110926at815.png

awesome.... I have the Breitling book and I couldn't find it anywhere in there... Thanks for the find :rofl:

kingpinup

I think it is... I guess it stays lit for about 20 minutes to maybe 40 minutes tops... how long should it stay lit up for?

admiralsas

Very nice navitimer. You will love it!!!

Luthier

Nubs... we call it batons or stick markers, noob.

:(

And if you want Navi with batons, you have to choose the model with subdials on 6, 9 and 12. I rarely see batons on 3, 6 and 9 model.

Your PAM is 005 model.

twall
Nubs... we call it batons or stick markers, noob.

:(

.....n00b nubs? :rofl: Sounds like a techno song....:(

NFleischer

I think it is... I guess it stays lit for about 20 minutes to maybe 40 minutes tops... how long should it stay lit up for?

Alot longer than that, really should last most of the night.

Del
On that note - do you guys suggest getting a gen Breitling band? what are the perks of having the gen band? I'd like to get one for a Navitimer if the perks are there.

No, I don't. A gen bracelet will cost you 4 or 5 times the cost of the rep (at least) and the Breitling rep bracelets and straps are some of the best available so there are no "perks" imho! ;)

Nice Navi btw! :thumbsup2:

Rob V.

Alot longer than that, really should last most of the night.

Hmm, the PAM 177M I got from Robert also stays lit for about 20 minutes.