Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

PAM 127 Ultimate from PWC

houndoggie

So this is the progression of my already fantastic PWC $349 Fiddy I purchased used for $275.

These first 3 pics are from my good friend "M" on RG in his sales thread:

0c0eeda5.jpg

df127124.jpg

fdbfe683.jpg

Note the blue tinted AR on the crystal (yuck), the not so flush CP, and the unhappy crown guard (lever doesn't sit flush, pin isn't flush). Also the lume is too yellow in color.

Phase 1- Send to Rex for new lume, service, remove AR, fix CP and then I reworked the CG:

062c3b80.jpg

888d6f90.jpg

9b492000.jpg

Note that the blue tinted AR is still present (Rex said he couldn't get it all.. translation-I forgot and thus only did the outside), lume color is much better, CP is not quite flush (Rex said he did his best because the minute hand tube was bent). Also notice how much better the CG looks after much sanding.

Phase 2- Send to Speedy G to have AR removed, CP flush and polish and to clean the hands and then I polished the CG pin:

6d1d3f64.jpg

464c6c48.jpg

797b5035.jpg

473bd7a2.jpg

Note that no more AR and CP is flush and polished (FUCK YEAH SPEEDY!) and the CG is about as good as I can get it.

greg_r

Looks fantastic. I really must re-seat and polish the CG pin on my Fiddy... Won't take more than a few mins.

alphakazi

looks great hd ;)

JohnG
Looks fantastic. I really must re-seat and polish the CG pin on my Fiddy... Won't take more than a few mins.

HD needs to do a tutorial on this. He is a master - has done lots, they all come out PERFECT, so HE should be the one to do it.

greg_r

HD needs to do a tutorial on this. He is a master - has done lots, they all come out PERFECT, so HE should be the one to do it.

I'll second that!

My fiddy doesn't need much attention, but some of the others could well do with a general refinishing. A tutorial would be tops! ;)

houndoggie

I promise I will do one.. I just need to find the time...

houndoggie

94b4db0d.jpg

lume shot.

JohnG

Soon my Ten Pound POS will look just like that!!! ;)

oscarmadfish

great looking watch with great lume but why oh why do they not put a datewheel on watches it should be law

houndoggie
great looking watch with great lume but why oh why do they not put a datewheel on watches it should be law

LOL.. Is it really that hard to remember the date... I mean it only changes once in 24 hours!!

Besides, Datewheels in reps is just one more thing for them to fuck up and needs to be modded.

alphakazi

LOL.. Is it really that hard to remember the date... I mean it only changes once in 24 hours!!

Besides, Datewheels in reps is just one more thing for them to fuck up and needs to be modded.

nearly all my watches have incorrect dates on them - can you say WIS :nana: