Sign in to follow this  
NJDuramax

Noob from New Jersey, Hello all!

NJDuramax

Hello members!

Well, spent some time looking through the forum at all of the new into/ members pages and all I have to say is WOW. Lots of a great information. This is the first forum I've joined that didn't have to do about cars. (I'm a severe gearhead, xoutpost.com, acuravigorclub.com, etc) Most of the time I talk about wrenching and such, but recently took an interest in watches. Started thinking about a replica, but with so many horror stories, thought it would be best to learn first, then dive into the world. Found a very nice Tag that is a replica to my genuine tag (Want to use the replica as a Daily wearer and keep the genuine in the winder and wear once in a while. And, hey times are tough, and can't justify $3900 for a Carrera Calibre right now, but I can justify $300 for one!)

So hi to all and if anyone has any input, by all means let me know. And if anyone has a Bimmer X5, let me know and ill tell ya how to take the motor apart and put it all back together right over the phone, haha.

Thanks guys!

robznet

Hello mate - welcome to RWG! :dingleberry-nemesis:

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :dingleberry-nemesis:

flamagic

You from Jersey?...what exit?

NJDuramax

Good ole' exit 105 woot woot!

Luthier

You'll find the common language with Mike MacNair, he's also car/turbo freak.

Welcome!

MrZoSo

Good ole' exit 105 woot woot!

Eatontown...I lived there about 10 years ago. Welcome to the rep forum world!

Edited by MrZoSo

Del

Hello and welcome! :(

NJDuramax

Thanks for all the welcoming guys! And Mr Zoso, you are correct, except I live in Tinton Falls, but its so small, our post office is in eatontown and our town adresses interchange.

Ok so I have question one for some of you guys. Went to the trusted sellers list and found Lawrence on AsianKrono. He has a Tag Carrera Calibre that looks very nice. I've e-mailed Lawrence and he actually got back to me, so good sign no.1! What I wanted to know is has anyone bought from him recently? How are the watches he sends? Now I know this watch retails at $3900, and then most retailers can bring it down to $3200. So I know this watch is not going to be perfect. I'm not expecting the case, dial, bezel, pretty much the entire watch to be flawless, so long as it keeps accurate time and doesn't fall apart in 6 months, then I am fine with it. I mean I've read some posts with people complaining that the watch doesn't feel right, bezel feels cheap, etc, but what do you expect for a watch that is sometimes 1/5th of the price? I just want to be able to wear this watch everyday, to stand in for my authentic tag. I'm already upset I put a tiny scratch on the bezel after the 3rd week. So with the rep, a little scratch is no harm no foul. If any of you guys can get back to me, that would be great.

Balad1

Welcome, good to have you join us.