Sign in to follow this  
Showa321

Has anyone ever got away with it?

Showa321

Probably been done a billion times but I just wanted to know if anyone has ever fooled people who should know the difference?

If people comment on your watch, what do you tell them? The truth or lie and say its legit?

I met a couple of clients who both had Rolex Oysters. I admired them from a distance and even handled his, looked and felt like the real deal, he winked and said they were fake. He said he saw no point in spending all that when this one fooled everyone. Also because he was rich anyway, people just believed him without a second thought.

dingle

who has the best sub? :lol:

Baldrick

Not the Russians :lol:

Mystery Shopper

Last time this question was asked, we had the situation of a bloke giving a rep to a first time girlie pool playing acquaintance, then the moral dilema of whether to tell her it is a rep before he shagged her. Might be paraphrasing here.....

wat44

I liked that thread - never tell, pre-coitus

pollux1

If the girl is more interested in your watch than you she isn't exactly a keeper.

KeNnY

The truth

dingle
If the girl is more interested in your watch than you she isn't exactly a keeper.

if this is true, send her this link. TIA.

RWG

:lmao2:

Dssd

I got a rolex gmt 2c tt off Mary, I tell every one it's real, my mate who has a real one tt sub asked to try it on I thought I had been rumbled but instead he offered me £1000 for it :lmao2:

Can't wait to show off my dssd as soon as kenny has done the lume

Pob

I just don't care if someone ask me i tell them it is fake!

Del
I got a rolex gmt 2c tt off Mary, I tell every one it's real, my mate who has a real one tt sub asked to try it on I thought I had been rumbled but instead he offered me £1000 for it ;)

Can't wait to show off my dssd as soon as kenny has done the lume

£1000 for a t/t GMTIIc? I think he was taking the piss! Even the s/s version gen is around £4,500! :lmao2:

Dssd

Yes but my story was I bought it for £1000 with no papers but had it checked with watches of Switzerland , but like I say it was a lie.

The fact of the matter is, he obviously thought it was real to offer me the same as what I supposedly bought it for

Surely that's why some people tell porkys about these watches to make out there real

Dssd

Sh@t sorry it was a gmt 2 s/s I sold that to put towards the tt

mianos

No one ever asked me, they assume real. Can't be bothered wearing my gen Rolex as it's hand wind. Fakies all the way.

bubbaa

My mother inlaw once commented on how good my DSSD look on me. I told her it was a rep and she gave me a lecture why I would wear a rep when I have gens. I quickly answered my gens are too expensive collectables and I need a daily beater. All of the sudden, my wife came into the picture and sided with her, great! :thumbsup2: They didn't buy it and against anything counterfeit. I don't know if I should tell them I have many more, not if they could tell if they were fakes anyways. They always knew of my horology addiction and never bitch about my gen acquisitions. Tell or keep my mouth shut? ;)

Turbo
Not the Russians :(

:facepalm:

Priceless!

Member X
My mother inlaw once commented on how good my DSSD look on me. I told her it was a rep and she gave me a lecture why I would wear a rep when I have gens. I quickly answered my gens are too expensive collectables and I need a daily beater. All of the sudden, my wife came into the picture and sided with her, great! :spank: They didn't buy it and against anything counterfeit. I don't know if I should tell them I have many more, not if they could tell if they were fakes anyways. They always knew of my horology addiction and never bitch about my gen acquisitions. Tell or keep my mouth shut? :gagged:

Buy her a copy of a rollie she really likes and see what the gf says ;)

Jetpants

I say they're all fake. Even the swiss gens. Even the gshocks..

powderfreak
My mother inlaw once commented on how good my DSSD look on me. I told her it was a rep and she gave me a lecture why I would wear a rep when I have gens. I quickly answered my gens are too expensive collectables and I need a daily beater. All of the sudden, my wife came into the picture and sided with her, great! :yoda: They didn't buy it and against anything counterfeit. I don't know if I should tell them I have many more, not if they could tell if they were fakes anyways. They always knew of my horology addiction and never bitch about my gen acquisitions. Tell or keep my mouth shut? B)

Sounds a bit like many other women... funny thing is: As long as it's fucking rep handbags or sunglasses, everything is cool. But rep watches? Uuuuh no, how can you!? Tell her (and esp. your mother in law - in a friendly way) that is none of their business what you do with your money. If they don't like it, remind them of some other things you might use your money for :(

twall

Even if I had a gen, I'd say fake anyway. If you ever saw me and my shit car - you'd know why. No one would believe I could own a gen Rollie - and they'd be right. :(

Besides, I don't think I could cover the bullshiut story with more bullshit stories and pull it off. I never can. :yoda:

That's why I am 99% of the time honest - cause i can't get away with SHIT. Easier that way. B)

KeNnY

If I would have GEN Porsche Car, but rep Porsche Design watch, glasses, running shoes, tshirt, I think nobody would give a fuck to ask if those are gens :(

But I dont have Porsche car, but I can have Porsche design accessories ;)

But to tell truth, I dont say them they are fake, until they will ask... but usually they are on wages, to judge, because these replicas are so nice finished, and you can feel the quality of them. The latest most of people dont ask if it is replica is my Omega moon watch. When they see the back of the watch they are like :yoda: B) :facepalm: so they dont even dare to ask :D And soon I will fit gen plexi from houndoggie and I will forward everyone to check the middle of the glass for the small omega logo there lol :D