Sign in to follow this  
tesmith2112

How to distinguish good lume?

tesmith2112

These are just some random lume shots I took tonight.

How can you tell if a watch has below average lume, average lume, above average, and beyond? These pics were taken after a 10 seconds charge under LED light. I waited about 20 seconds after the charge, then snapped the pics. I'm assuming the longer the lume last the better, but I'm curious if there are other indicators to factor....

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

Luthier

No.

tesmith2112
No.

Well, I guess that case is closed... lol

twall

+1

You certainly can't say he minced words, or was in any way unclear.....:rofl:

tesmith2112
+1

Yes, you're correct, no mincing at all. I guess I was hoping for a modder to enlighten me with more technical details. Explaining the different types of lume. Perhaps some colors last longer than others (green vs. blue, etc.). Also curious what the price delta is between cheap, good, and great lume, etc.

twall
+1

Yes, you're correct, no mincing at all. I guess I was hoping for a modder to enlighten me with more technical details. Explaining the different types of lume. Perhaps some colors last longer than others (green vs. blue, etc.). Also curious what the price delta is between cheap, good, and great lume, etc.

I'm having a feeling kenny will chime in for sure.....:Drinking2:

MikeMcNair

Gen lume which is what us guys use, requires 10 min approx of full UV charge, and can shine bright as fuck up to 16 hrs.

Your "lume shots" look sick, but what happened 5, 10,60,120 min later???? That's what shows a good lum vs. The rest.

My lumes all last the entire night, period. My GF and I both wear my watches in rotation, and never, ever, DON'T know what time it is while we are doing the personal stuff :Drinking2:

Nuff said :rofl:

twall

I work the graveyard shift, and my noobfactory rep's stock lume won't even last through a cigarette break!

Sux, because it'd be nice to know what time it is, right about when it's dimming out....:rofl:

WebWind

20 secs waiting time after charge is nothing. Take pic after 0,5 hr, 1hr, 2 hr 3 hr ... and you will seen difference between good and weak lume.

Baldrick
Sux, because it'd be nice to know what time it is, right about when it's dimming out..

Dya not have a cellphone ? :D

dimming out..

Do you mean the watch or the wearer B)

Wirral_guy

To be honest, to me, the only factor for lume is how long it lasts. Isn't that the point of it? To let you see the time after the light has faded? No point having a bright lume that only lasts a minute - rather a lume with sufficient, errr, lume to be seen for several hours at least.

HTH

Dave

Caliper

Just so you know, after time you have to compare lume in total darkness.

Member X

Good lume is like good sex.

Until you've had it you don't know how good the best is! :popcorn: