Sign in to follow this  
Drhulee

PAM 192 pics-a-plenty

Drhulee

I figured I'd try and breathe some life into the PAM section :lol:

Well, I was lucky enough to pick this up today :popcorn:

Any suggestions, besides CapeCod, on removing the hairline scratches on the bezel? Those are scratches, not dust (you don't hear that very often :sh_h:)

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

And, yes, I know I should do something to help with the reflections of the camera in the bezel - any suggestions, besides changing the angle?

greg_r

reflections are always difficult. A light tent is the most common solution, but I'll admit I can never be bothered :sh_h:

Great looking watch. No doubt houndoggie will be along with his technique for polishing bezels in due course :lol:

Drhulee
reflections are always difficult. A light tent is the most common solution, but I'll admit I can never be bothered :sh_h:

Great looking watch. No doubt houndoggie will be along with his technique for polishing bezels in due course :lol:

I'm sure he'll say that they can be removed without any problem, just send the watch down to him and ...

greg_r
reflections are always difficult. A light tent is the most common solution, but I'll admit I can never be bothered ;)

Great looking watch. No doubt houndoggie will be along with his technique for polishing bezels in due course :D

I'm sure he'll say that they can be removed without any problem, just send the watch down to him and ...

:lol: Yeah, that's about right...

AustinTech

AH, those scratches will buff right out.

Nice looking movement.

It's a good looking watch with those blue hands.

houndoggie

I like it....

My recommendations... repolish the CG and flush the pin nicely, have the hands repainted a more light blue color and relumed to match the dial (I wouldn't bother reluming the sausage dial), polish up the case a little (bezel). See if you can get the inner bezel out too and do the oxiclean mod we learned about yesterday. Then sell me the watch.

alphakazi

NO, sell the watch to me and I can pick up locally :D

*adds 192 to wishlist*

The lighter blue hands and a cheiftang AR job would do nice things.

Image4s.jpg

Drhulee
The lighter blue hands and a cheiftang AR job would do nice things.

It has those hands, it just depends upon the angle you're looking at the watch (and lighting source I guess). Here is a picture from the original sales thread:

DSC02439.jpg

What would the Chieftang AR job do for it, besides eliminate reflections :D are there any before and after shots here?