Sign in to follow this  
Crimsongost

How picky should i be ?

Crimsongost

So i have bought my First NEW rep. UPO swiss eta black w/orange numbers non crono. I bought it from timeshops and had good communication and good shipping time (@ 2 weeks). i only have 2 real issues.

1st while putting the watch on the first time 1 pin fell out of the buckle and one out of a link.

Lost the one from the buckle and found the one from the link.

2nd the pearl is off to the left (actually touching the left side of the triangle).

I have 4 2nd hand reps from 21j po to a BK DSSD.

I am not expecting perfection but i am expecting the thing not to fall apart in my hands. before i start sending nasty e-mail and such am i being unreasonable or is this normal? and what if any resolution can i expect from the dealer?

Thanks in advance

Mitchell

Del

A photo of the pearl would be useful for us to see how bad it is.

As for the links, are you going to size the bracelet anyway? So you might not need all the links?

Also, why would you want to send a "nasty email"? Wouldn't it be better to send a polite message to advise of the issues? (Assuming they are worthy of sending an email in the first place.)

agntkerr

Almost all of the SS bracelets with screw pins in the links arrive loose. Makes it easier to size for the first time. Always check them all before wearing the watch for the first time.

SeanusMaximus

In my experience it can be hard to communicate with Mark at times, however DO NOT send a nasty email, that just starts everything badly as Del rightly said, best send a polite message explaining the situation. Best case scenario: they swap it for a new one, worst case scenario: you talk to the mods/admins and they can help resolve any potential issues :thumbsup2:

Crimsongost

Nasty e-mail was not really where i would have started, i like how everone picks up on that first. I am really a glass 1/2 full kinda guy just a little disapointed.

$300 is a lot for me but i really like the Omega PO watches. Picked a j21 on the forums for $60 and loved it. Only real issue is it will not keep time for crap! play with the timing every day and it's over 30 sec next day under 45 sec and i just got tired of messing with it. UPO was my 2nd Good rep (1st that was not a hand me down). my intention was in time to have it lumed or mabye gen bracelet but just did not want to spend any money on it other than a good cleaning and lube once i get moved. Yes i do need to take the bracelet down one link (thanks for the for thought china:) )but the missing pin in the clasp make's it unwearable. SO i guess i am looking for a good rubber or black leather strap for it. For now it's sitting rubber banded to my watch winder. Thanks for all the responces.

Thanks

Mitchell

Cynikal.Mindset

pearl is normal on the PO's out there so expecting perfection on that is asking a bit much...links falling apart/lost pin just fix it or ask the dealer nicely what the propose as a solution (they may even send you a new bracelet). Stay calm and be patient, research the known flaws before hand when buying a particular model of rep.

Del
Nasty e-mail was not really where i would have started, i like how everone picks up on that first.

FFS, what did you expect when you said this:-

before i start sending nasty e-mail and such am i being unreasonable or is this normal?

:P

SeanusMaximus
Nasty e-mail was not really where i would have started, i like how everone picks up on that first.

FFS, what did you expect when you said this:-

before i start sending nasty e-mail and such am i being unreasonable or is this normal?

:Whistle:

:P

Bosox
Almost all of the SS bracelets with screw pins in the links arrive loose. Makes it easier to size for the first time. Always check them all before wearing the watch for the first time.

Yeah, and if it's a PAM, tighten the crown guard screws, too. Replacements are hard to come by