Sign in to follow this  
J.Eric

Stipped crown tube

J.Eric

Hey everybody,

I got a sea dweller 4000ft before i found the nut house. Decent quality except it has a DSSD dial. I only paid $65usd for it and as a daily wearer i am not too worried about destoying it. I work in a restaurant and everything is stainless steal so.........

The problem now is the crown tube is stripped and the crown will not screw down. I have managed to keep the crown closed using o-rings but really would like to get it "fixed."

So the question would be where can i get another tube?

I already have plans to change the dial and maybe the movement (it has the 21j), but thats months away.

Thanks for the help!

Eric

Here is a pic of it. Just does not look right lol

042711034411.jpg

Edited by J.eric

Member X

TBH I think you might do best to write off that $65 to experience - the amount it will cost to get a new crown and tube, get the watch stripped down and rebuilt, swap the dial and the movement, would be more than the cost to buy a whole new watch that was much more accurate in the first place.

Timeshops Rolex offers are great value so have a look round at all the different options from al the different Trusted Dealers and see what you like! :)

J.Eric
TBH I think you might do best to write off that $65 to experience - the amount it will cost to get a new crown and tube, get the watch stripped down and rebuilt, swap the dial and the movement, would be more than the cost to buy a whole new watch that was much more accurate in the first place.

Timeshops Rolex offers are great value so have a look round at all the different options from al the different Trusted Dealers and see what you like! :)

I know i can just get another one, i wanted to use it as practice for modding.

I got several cheapies that i have been playing with. Watch repair and building

seem like the next step of this hobby since i've always loved to tinker with stuff

and have been amazed by so many small parts working together.

MikeMcNair

I agree with X, but I can put a new tube in it for 25 Bux.

You choose sir.

Member X

For $25, I would be speaking to the man above :Whistle: :P