Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Customs want declare value for items within EU?

KeNnY

hey all,

want to share you some news.. As most of you know opus (Adrian) he is from Cyprus - EU. He was going to send me some watches for work - relume etc. He also put there an frank muler watch for free for my dad, and 3 straps for me.

The package was MIA from 6. September.

And here is the problem.

Today I have received customs letter, stating that I have an package from Cyprus (2x watches without strap, 1x watch with strap, 3x watch strap) and they want to Declare the value. They didn't mention any Rolex, Frank Muller or Panerai.

La gente esta muy loca, WHAT THE FUCK?!

Cyprus is part of EU, and items sent from country within EU are not subject to customs proceedings !!!!! I have contacted my postal information centre, and ask them If I need to write CN21 customs declaration when sending to Cyprus >> REPLY: No, Cyprus is part of EU, you don't need to write CN21. Then I asked if my friend is sending from Cyprus to Slovakia, will there be some problem with customs, will they want customs declaration or paying tax from it >> REPLY: No, Cyprus is part of EU, items sent from Cyprus are not subject to customs proceedings.

So here is the catch.

Should I reply, that I have contacted my family member from Cyprus, if he didn't send me something, that yes, he did, and I didn't know what is he sending, so it is gift, and I don't know the content of package ? And then ridicule them, why they want declare value for customs duty, when Cyprus is part of EU and countries within EU, so they are not subject to customs proceedings ?

Or should I reply I don't accept the package ?

Your opinions, I think I am in law, because of this, even if they were gens, once in EU, they are not subject to customs tax etc.

Thank you.

SeanusMaximus

I would go with option one Kenny, ive only ever had customs issues with the US - and I essentialy did that.

Sounds a bitch though mate!

KeNnY
I would go with option one Kenny, ive only ever had customs issues with the US - and I essentialy did that.

Sounds a bitch though mate!

Yeah they have absolutely no power over it, because it is not from third country. Sad thing is, I think they stopped it because they already stopped that giveaway press from hardwereguy what I have won.

jdoe

Bastards, they're just looking for an excuse to steal from you!

KeNnY

yeah money hungry customs, maybe some beginners fault.. I will email them and we will see.

Pob

Watch out Kenny i think everything going your way will be stopped from now on ;)

When they decide someone is suspicious they can be like that :(

Hope i'm wrong ;)

Options one if you ask me ;)

SeanusMaximus

They all seem to be at it too - I had a Navitimer come into the UK from Austria via parcelforce express in July, it made it to London fine, made it through customs fine, made it to Coventry central depot fine, then in the last 50 mile trip to my town depot the parcel was 'damaged/lost in transit' whislt unloading from the bloody truck....

The lil fucker was wrapped/sealed in a box, in a bag, inside a jiffy bag - and all that arrived at the depot was the empty jiffy bag and internal bag - filthy fuckers!

Still, 76 days later - I got a refund...partially ;)

Hopefully they wont be complete nob-cheeses Kenny, a polite/feign ignorance style email may sway them!

prestigewatchco

They have every right to check parcels from within the EU.

They also have every right to charge tax on them if the law of the country is different from the member state it's shipped from.

Certain items are not exempt from tax within the EU the items depend on the countries rules . Certainly petrol/cigarettes/alcohol/Gold would not be allowed in any great amount inter EU.

People need to realize while it's rare to get items checked within the EU is it a possibility .

With rep watches the problem is the law in any EU country prohibits the import of them so you are on a loser from the start if they want to get clever.

Most times when items are checked in the UK from outside customs will ask for proof of value 99 times out of 100 they will accept it and release the items this is luck though and only because the UK are easy.

But don't for one moment think that it is 100% that items sent within the EU are free and easy they can and do get checked from time to time

KeNnY
Watch out Kenny i think everything going your way will be stopped from now on ;)

When they decide someone is suspicious they can be like that :(

Hope i'm wrong ;)

Options one if you ask me ;)

yeah, they didn't stop anything for last 3 months, so they need to catch up ! ;)

I think I am suspicious for last 2 years, with 200+ packages already came ;)

Pob

Yes Robert is 100% right!

They stopped two watches sent to me and wanted to see how much i payed for them! I told them they are what they are and how much i payed and I the only thing i needed to do is pay few % when i went to the post office to pick them up!

I think they were very nice to me actually because they could have taken them if they wanted!

Sometimes it is best to tell the truth because if they capture you in lay than you are in deep shit lol

KeNnY
They have every right to check parcels from within the EU.

They also have every right to charge tax on them if the law of the country is different from the member state it's shipped from.

Certain items are not exempt from tax within the EU the items depend on the countries rules . Certainly petrol/cigarettes/alcohol/Gold would not be allowed in any great amount inter EU.

People need to realize while it's rare to get items checked within the EU is it a possibility .

With rep watches the problem is the law in any EU country prohibits the import of them so you are on a loser from the start if they want to get clever.

Most times when items are checked in the UK from outside customs will ask for proof of value 99 times out of 100 they will accept it and release the items this is luck though and only because the UK are easy.

But don't for one moment think that it is 100% that items sent within the EU are free and easy they can and do get checked from time to time

Thanks Robert for your reply.

"They have every right to check parcels from within the EU.

They also have every right to charge tax on them if the law of the country is different from the member state it's shipped from. "

- Have contacted postal information centre , and that they should not want any tax from items sent from Cyprus

"Certain items are not exempt from tax within the EU the items depend on the countries rules . Certainly petrol/cigarettes/alcohol/Gold would not be allowed in any great amount inter EU."

- Not this case, only if Adrian was sending me some nice Cyprus vodka ;)

"People need to realize while it's rare to get items checked within the EU is it a possibility .

But don't for one moment think that it is 100% that items sent within the EU are free and easy they can and do get checked from time to time"

- Yep possibility it is, it was big package, so that is why it caught the eyes on it. Never the less, I can still play stupid, that I don't know what is he sending.

KeNnY

They stopped two watches sent to me and wanted to see how much i payed for them! I told them they are what they are and how much i payed and I the only thing i needed to do is pay few % when i went to the post office to pick them up!

I think they were very nice to me actually because they could have taken them if they wanted!

Sometimes it is best to tell the truth because if they capture you in lay than you are in deep shit lol

but you bought from third country not EU yes ? From third country, yes that is normal to pay tax etc. but not from legit EU member, where the tax is already paid, as it is inside EU (for watches in this matter)

Showa321

I export fish to most European Countries, I havent shipped to Cyprus for a while, say about 4 years but last time I did I am sure there was a problem with Cyprus and not all of the country is under the EU. There is a Turkish side and a Cyprus side, I remember this being a problem.

Pob

but you bought from third country not EU yes ? From third country, yes that is normal to pay tax etc. but not from legit EU member, where the tax is already paid, as it is inside EU (for watches in this matter)

Yes they were from the third country :(

What i wanted to say is that sometimes is best not to lay to custom!

This time if you say you don't know what is in them i think it will go true, but like i sad earlier watch out in the future because you're getting quite few packages and very often ;)

You can't have so many relatives ;)

KeNnY

The thing is I really don't know that Adrian is sending also some gifts.

So thing I can say:

I didn't know that I am receiving any package from Cyprus. Have contacted the sender, and he agreed that he was sending me some gifts for me and my family. I didn't know the content of package, and also not the value of the package as it was gift from my family member from Cyprus. I have contacted Postal informations centre, and they replied me that items sent from Cyprus, are not subject of customs proceeding and that Cyprus is part of EU, and that it doesn't require customs declaration form.

powderfreak

Hm, what is the punishemt in Slovakia for receiving/ordering replica goods? I have to ask, because: If that happened to me in Germany, I would most certainly have to say that I do not know nor want to have the package. It will then be destroyed but I will not be charged.

If you once state that you ordered these watches, you can be in deep shit (depending on your local laws) ;)

KeNnY
I export fish to most European Countries, I havent shipped to Cyprus for a while, say about 4 years but last time I did I am sure there was a problem with Cyprus and not all of the country is under the EU. There is a Turkish side and a Cyprus side, I remember this being a problem.

Yes I think that also, I have asked Adrian about this, and he said he is from EU side of the Cyprus, so I will reply that also.

KeNnY
Hm, what is the punishemt in Slovakia for receiving/ordering replica goods? I have to ask, because: If that happened to me in Germany, I would most certainly have to say that I do not know nor want to have the package. It will then be destroyed but I will not be charged.

If you once state that you ordered these watches, you can be in deep shit (depending on your local laws) ;)

nothing, they will fine you for the price for the destroying of the watches. but I didn't order any thing. I have lots of packages comming and watches are only 1% of it. I acn only play stupid I don't know of anything, even the content of the package.

The biggest law breaking is, when you don't want to pay your taxes, then you are in big shit, when you want to flee paying tax, didn't do that.

powderfreak

nothing, they will fine you for the price for the destroying of the watches. but I didn't order any thing. I have lots of packages comming and watches are only 1% of it. I acn only play stupid I don't know of anything, even the content of the package.

The biggest law breaking is, when you don't want to pay your taxes, then you are in big shit, when you want to flee paying tax, didn't do that.

Try and tell us how it worked out, I hope everything goes fine!! In Germany they would most likely open the package, check the watches and then send them to AD's/lawyers. After knowing they are fakes they would then proceed to destroying them. Good luck :( !

Showa321

I just checked with my shipping agent and he confirmed that EU to EU there should be no customs involvement, but Cyprus is split down the middle and only one side is EU, the other is Greek/Turkish, so if its gone into that side then its payable.

KeNnY
I just checked with my shipping agent and he confirmed that EU to EU there should be no customs involvement, but Cyprus is split down the middle and only one side is EU, the other is Greek/Turkish, so if its gone into that side then its payable.

yep exactly, I think I will check for my self again , when asking from where did he sent the package.

Showa321

yep exactly, I think I will check for my self again , when asking from where did he sent the package.

See, saying that they still might be taking the piss. I am sure theres only one active airport in Cyprus anyway, and thats in the EU side, so depending on where it was addressed or customs have just put it into the none EU side to get a bit of cash.

KeNnY

See, saying that they still might be taking the piss. I am sure theres only one active airport in Cyprus anyway, and thats in the EU side, so depending on where it was addressed or customs have just put it into the none EU side to get a bit of cash.

The package left from CYPRUS LARNAKA airport. Do you know on what side it is ?

Showa321

The package left from CYPRUS LARNAKA airport. Do you know on what side it is ?

EU, 100%

KeNnY
EU, 100%

Thank you :lmao2: was searching wikipedia, under what jurisdiction it is.

Cyprus_districts_named.png