Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Customs want declare value for items within EU?

Showa321

You're welcome mate. Hope you get it sorted.

KeNnY
You're welcome mate. Hope you get it sorted.

Thank you buddy, I will check also the address of Adrian, where did I was sending it (I was sending to some PO Box), but he was not requested to write CN21 nor even me, so he should be EU 100% also.

I think best way would be to call them.

jdoe
If that happened to me in Germany, I would most certainly have to say that I do not know nor want to have the package. It will then be destroyed but I will not be charged.

In Germany they would most likely open the package, check the watches and then send them to AD's/lawyers. After knowing they are fakes they would then proceed to destroying them. Good luck :lmao2: !

I note that they would remove the watches before proceeding to destroy the packages :rofl:

KeNnY

Customs contacted, we will see reply. I put to copy also the original address of Adrian, from where did he send the package..

I have also called, from mobile, Adrian to see if the address is ok :) first international call of RWG members ! lol :D

SirDomino

I can't wait to see the outcome!!! :unsure:

Please keep us posted!

Wiz

Cyprius is a tax heaven, that's most likely why they checked your parcel. The first mission of customs is to collect taxes, not seize watches.

jdoe
The first mission of customs is to collect taxes, not seize watches.

Yup, relieving you of your watch is just a tactic to relieve you of your money! :D

(Relieving means stealing, just in case the English was unclear)

Edited by jdoe

KeNnY
Cyprius is a tax heaven, that's most likely why they checked your parcel. The first mission of customs is to collect taxes, not seize watches.

yeah, but they are legit EU member, so they have the same customs tax like all countries :huh:

KeNnY

Sooo UPDATE

Looks like the fault was from Postal office not Customs, as the system is as follow. First the post selects packages from Third countries (outside EU) and EU packages. The Outside EU go for customs declaration.

Today I called there, and lady on the phone, was also questioning, why did they send it for customs declaration when the package was from EU side. They started investigation, from where the package was originally sent, to see if the postal made failure. I have also sent them the tracking where it clearly show

9/1/2011 1:03:00 PM CYPRUS PAPHOS B.O.2 Receive item from customer (Otb)

And Paphos is in EU side of Cyprus (The Greek side).

So we will see, she said she is very sorry, and she will contact me by email, with the results.

Showa321

Nice one Kenny, should be sorted now.

wat44

if goods are being sent to different places for the purpose of service/maintenance, etc - why would tax be involved anyway? surely only on sales?

KeNnY
if goods are being sent to different places for the purpose of service/maintenance, etc - why would tax be involved anyway? surely only on sales?

They don't believe these stories, they want money, always..

Nice one Kenny, should be sorted now.

Thanks mate, hope it will be sorted soon, so I can sleep better.

SeanusMaximus

Good to hear about customs Kenny, hope it all pans out ok mate ;)

BTW played BF3 beta last night...its mental :P

KeNnY
Good to hear about customs Kenny, hope it all pans out ok mate ;)

BTW played BF3 beta last night...its mental ;)

thanks buddy ! :P fingers crossed !

I wanted to play BF3 also but I was filling customs forms and emailing them for 3 hours :facepalm:

jdoe
I wanted to play BF3 also but I was filling customs forms and emailing them for 3 hours :P

Goes to prove:

1. They don't have anything useful to do with their time

2. They don't give a shit about wasting your time

powderfreak

Yep, why not put a paper inside next time, saying something like: "When you repaired this or that... contact me" or "I checked the datewheel, it will work as it should now..."

SeanusMaximus

Yep, why not put a paper inside next time, saying something like: "When you repaired this or that... contact me" or "I checked the datewheel, it will work as it should now..."

It's what I have done before too, fake invoicing worked like a charm :P

KeNnY

Slovak customs workers doesn't speak well english, so they would need that letter in Slovak language.

Funny thing is, I did this with the first package, but then we noticed, that it doesn't go trought customs, because we are in EU, so we didn't do it with second package... bad luck ? ;)

SeanusMaximus

Slovak customs workers doesn't speak well english, so they would need that letter in Slovak language.

Funny thing is, I did this with the first package, but then we noticed, that it doesn't go trought customs, because we are in EU, so we didn't do it with second package... bad luck ? ;)

I think so ;)

KeNnY

ISSUE RESOLVED !

05/10/2011 13:39 Out of the the entrance post (customs) - clear

:drool:

trailboss99

Best of resolutions mate!

KeNnY

Best of resolutions mate!

thanks mate, I am very happy that it has been cleared.

SeanusMaximus
ISSUE RESOLVED !

Lets all take off our clothes and celebrate by running free through an urban area..... ? :D

dingle
ISSUE RESOLVED !

:D

Lets all take off our clothes and celebrate by running free through an urban area..... ? ;)

OK. you go first.

KeNnY
ISSUE RESOLVED !

Lets all take off our clothes and celebrate by running free through an urban area..... ? ;)

Haha ! :D

So everyone to know, the real issue, why they wanted declare the value, was due to postal worker that made fault apparently.