Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

What would you Choose?

Pentax

I am Planning to buy a new IWC Mark XVI

Case size 39mm

Case height 11,5mm

Now the story goes like this

the first time an IWC Mark XVI took my eye was from the Father son 140 year special edition. its the watch on the left!

iwc-pilots-watches-father-son.jpg

So I went to an AD to take a look at the watch unfortunately he did not have it available so I asked for a price and he told me 3650 Euro when I asked him for a better price he told me that he could leave it for 3000 Euro, so I went home did my research and found the watch though some Italian site for 2640 Euro so I called my AD and asked him to do something better and he told me he could give me 3K and 10 interest-free installments.

FatherandSon.jpg

On the other hand he had the Mark XVI Spitfire in the shop window with the same strap as the father son special edition that costs 3750 and he could leave it to me for 3100 euro and it actually looked quiet classy and I liked it on my wrist the only thing that made me jealous of the father son model was the Onion crown that it had.

MarkXVISpitfire.jpg

IW32551.jpg

closer picture of the onion Crown!

mtr_10_0213_iwc_iw325512_01.jpg

So my options are....

A.) Buy the Father son edition for 3K with 10 interest-free installments

B.) Buy the Spitfire edition for 3.1K and 10 interest-free installments

C.) Buy Conceptas Spitfire Genenstein also Buy Gen strap and Tang buckle that will total close to half the price of buying from the AD

C.1) Buy conceptas Spitfire Genenstein and buy an Onion crown and have it added :huh:

My Thoughts

The IWC Son eddition has a more sporty and everyday appeal and reminds you more of the big pilot because of the crown. Rodium plated dial and mustard color lume that reminds you of the old rolex submariners.

ml_image626996.jpg

The IWC Spitfire looks more classy

iwcspitfiremk1605.jpg

What would you suggest ?? Or any other option?

SeanusMaximus

I am the furthest from financially sensible at most times; but on this occasion I would say go for the genestein. I agree that there is something wonderful about picking up a gen from an AD, and something new just for you, but just like buying a new car, the moment you have walked out it has lost money, whereas as something like a genestein or a second hand IWC circumnavigates that initial depreciation and saves you a considerable bulk of £££, to spend on another watch, or whatever you like!

Just my opinion :huh:

Sean

Pentax
I am the furthest from financially sensible at most times; but on this occasion I would say go for the genestein. I agree that there is something wonderful about picking up a gen from an AD, and something new just for you, but just like buying a new car, the moment you have walked out it has lost money, whereas as something like a genestein or a second hand IWC circumnavigates that initial depreciation and saves you a considerable bulk of £££, to spend on another watch, or whatever you like!

Just my opinion :)

Sean

thanks Sean no problem in buying the Genenstein as I already have a 3717 genenstein the thing is I like the father son eddition and concepta has not the resources to make it :(

so thats why i am asking for opinions

Thanks for yours ;)

SeanusMaximus

Just my opinion :)

Sean

thanks Sean no problem in buying the Genenstein as I already have a 3717 genenstein the thing is I like the father son eddition and concepta has not the resources to make it :(

Thanks for yours ;)

No problem, I can see the dilemna, could it be worth a wait until he gathers enough resources to make one?

You have unfortunately stirred my interest in IWC again - I forgot how much I like the portuguese ;)

Pentax

Just my opinion ;)

Sean

Thanks for yours ;)

No problem, I can see the dilemna, could it be worth a wait until he gathers enough resources to make one?

You have unfortunately stirred my interest in IWC again - I forgot how much I like the portuguese ;)

Lol its a shame though that he's not making them anymore :)

SeanusMaximus

Just my opinion ;)

Sean

Thanks for yours ;)

Lol its a shame though that he's not making them anymore :)

Hmm - double bummer. Well if I were in your shoes, I would look for a used example maybe? save some £££?

wat44

mark XVI, and ask if they can throw in a spare crown for the son model

Pentax
mark XVI, and ask if they can throw in a spare crown for the son model

Spitfire with Onion crown ? because the other watch is also a Mark XVI

wat44

mark xvi on the dial

crossbones
I am the furthest from financially sensible at most times; but on this occasion I would say go for the genestein.

+1

Im with Sean

Pentax

Just my opinion B)

Sean

+1

have you considered this pilot watch:

http://www.bremont.com/feature_SOLO_CR.php

Solo_Pilot_creme_1.jpg

Whats the price tag on this watch ?

wat44

similar - $3k-$4k or so I think

Monsieur_B

The father thing. Go for it. looks the best imho.

SeanusMaximus

Father!!!!!!

father-Ted_280_422484a.jpg

Crusader

Guys, any info where could I get this aviator strap, as on the left watch on pic?

I think it would fit like a glove on fathers gen....

10699969.jpg

SeanusMaximus

Guys, any info where could I get this aviator strap, as on the left watch on pic?

I think it would fit like a glove on fathers gen....

10699969.jpg

:P

Pentax

Just paid down payment for Conceptas Genenstein IW325512 :headdesk:

Also requested a pilot crock band from TWB

and ordering a gen tang buckle