Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Parnis automatic - grey dial, centre seconds

Member X

Well, after giving up trying to find one of the white dial, blue number versions for decent money (idiot ebay bidders bidding them up about 3 hours before they finish, twats :D:frusty: ) I decided to go for the simple dial, grey version!

This worked out at under $40/£23 including postage, from attract_watch :D

dscf1419c.jpg

dscf1421.jpg

dscf1427b.jpg

dscf1423l.jpg

dscf1425.jpg

So far I'm happy with it - AR is quite good, it's a nice size (looks somehow smaller than I thought it would but has wrist presence?!), and setting the time and date is a pretty smooth affair.

The rotor is pretty noisy, unfortunately, but that might be able to be fixed with a drop of oil!

Overall I'm pretty impressed for the money. Ebay seems to get getting less of them recently so I'm not sure if supplies are drying up, so I'm going to aim for the other versions as well I think! May end up being a little bit more but fingers crossed...

greg_r

Nice pickup!

FBV

looks great congratulations!

houndoggie

Nice pick up! What is the size of this PARNIS??

AustinTech

HD, I think this PARNIS is 7 inches...wait, 43mm. Whoops.

Nice pick-up, X. Looks good. Those Parnis are excellent value, especially when you can manage to find one on the bay for cheap.

Member X
HD, I think this PARNIS is 7 inches...wait, 43mm. Whoops.

Good guess :lolcina: lol :lol:

It is 43mm - it seems to wear a couple of mm smaller than the 44mm BP I posted up in my other thread though, it's weird! It almost seems compact, but it's pretty much bang on the right size for my weedy 6.75" wrists :huh:

I'd definitely recommend getting one - apart from a rotor that's pretty noisy (I'm not sure I dare move my arm around too much in a quiet meeting lol) the finish is excellent and far beyond what I'd expect for under £30/$50!

Edited by Member X

alphakazi

nice deal X, especially with AR. I'm impressed with the build quality of parnis - best value for the money hands down

Member X

Do you know what, I didn't even think it had AR! But now you've mentioned it, I think the "special scratch proof mineral glass" is indeed AR coated...

I'll try and get a pic later but when I angle it towards the ceiling in here (uplit so no direct lighting) there's a definite blue tinge to the dial...

Result! :(

alphakazi
Do you know what, I didn't even think it had AR! But now you've mentioned it, I think the "special scratch proof mineral glass" is indeed AR coated...

I'll try and get a pic later but when I angle it towards the ceiling in here (uplit so no direct lighting) there's a definite blue tinge to the dial...

Result! :rolleyes:

and I only mentioned it because you stated it had AR in your original post :) I can see a tint in one of your pics but I'm not sure it's AR shrug.gif

Member X

I think it is - I was referring to it not being too reflective in my OP, but I didn't specifically expect it to have any at that price! 'tis a bonus! :)