Wiz

Custom Rolex 6154 "Rolerai"

Wiz

I finally found the time to finish a personnal project that I've had in mind for a while: A Rolex 6154.

I know most Rolex experts agree to say that it is very unlikely the gen of this watch really is gen, but I don't really care, I just like the watch. :)

It took me some time to decide to go on with the project, as I was concerned that 47mm watch would be too big for my wrist, but I after a few months of hesitation I ended up ordering from DSN. When I first tried the watch, it kinds of confirmed my worries about the size: not only it's not a small watch, but it also wears quite big.

But I remembered about a post from Nightwatch, where he was creating an edge on the side of the case to make it more gen-like, and thought it could actually be a good trick to make the watch look thinner.

I tried to do it from memory, so in the end the result looks nothing like Nightwatch's work, but I managed to acheive my goal, and with that extra edge the watch now looks thinner.

After that I tried the watch again, and it was still wearing big, so in order to make it look more discrete I decided to get rid of the polished finish and went for some kind of old-looking brushed finish.

Now that I have the right shape and finish, time to add some fancy parts. B) I've always been a fan of Nightwatch's work, so this was the perfect occasion to get one of his open casebacks, and while I was at it I also ordered a brass movement ring.

The hands also were bothering me a little, so I completed the package with some Tourby hands.

Finally I attacked the aging work. Aged the dial (no sauce involved), aged the hands, and aged the movement plates with fake rust spots.

But enough talking, time for the pics. :rofl:

P1060183.jpg

P1060179.jpg

P1060177.jpg

P1060184.jpg

P1060185.jpg

P1060188.jpg

P1060190.jpg

P1060171.jpg

P1060173.jpg

P1060175.jpg

P1060199.jpg

powderfreak

I don't like Pam's very much, but that is just outstanding work! You're really damn talented!

g.man

Bravo sir!

top job

g.man

Wiz

Thanks guys, I really like it too! :P

crewldude

That's a beauty!! Well done!!

callejeros

What movement have you used?

Nightwatch

excellent work well done, a credit to you...

dingle

stunning mate! ;)

wat44

excellent! I love mine, too:

b2f48093.jpg

Member X

I am jealous of the skillz! :Jumpy:

chris1967

Wow, that looks great!

Good job

:lol::rolleyes:

greg_r