Sign in to follow this  
jon k

pro hunter sub w/ nato strap

jon k

So, I recently bought a pro-hunter sub with nato strap from Lay. I placed the order before he was removed from trusted status. Low and behold, the watch does not wind automatically, and needs to be done on a hand wind basis.

Do any other reputable dealers sell a pro-hunter with a nato strap? If not, could I buy the PVD/SS one and buy a strap for it? I highly doubt a watch repair shop could fix the automatic 21J movement. It's a weird phenomenon: Essentially, the second hand continually ticks when I am wearing it, but if it is not manually wound, the minute hands are frozen. Ugh, more money down the drain.

Edited by jon k

dingle

something else is wrong here.....

jon k
something else is wrong here.....

I wound it a little while ago, and it is keeping good time. This morning when I put on the watch for work and I didn't wind it, I noticed that the time was stuck at 6:45AM but the second hand was still moving. I am guessing that my diagnosis could be wrong, and the watch might just be screwed.

wat44

a 21j sub is very cheap to buy outright and probably cheaper than buying a new 21j movement and then having to pay someone to install it

I know wat Id be doing

duke

I think Silix carries your Pro Hunter Sub on NATO strap combo....Go to their site and check it out.

jon k

Silix does not have a nato strap version, but Lawrence does. His does not have Sapphire crystal, though.

After wearing the PH sub for a week or so, I find that it essentially loses 2 minutes per day if I am not wearing it. Even if it is in a winder, it loses 2 minutes. Has anyone experienced something like this? I wonder if it would be fixable without a complete overhaul of the 21J.

seclark007

I purchased a Pro-hunter from Lay and had no difficulties. As Ding has suggested, there's something else going on here with the watch. I continue to share about how accurate that watch is for me, so yeah, I'm thinking you got a lemon there.

Good Luck

jon k
I purchased a Pro-hunter from Lay and had no difficulties. As Ding has suggested, there's something else going on here with the watch. I continue to share about how accurate that watch is for me, so yeah, I'm thinking you got a lemon there.

Good Luck

It looks like I will attempt to get some after sales service from Lay. I might try to get the watch looked at by a repair shop as well. The watch is amazing otherwise. Sigh....

jon k

Since my last post, the wind-mechanism no longer changes the date along with losing 2 minutes per day. II brought the watch to a repair guy and he says that it is beating @21,600, and he cannot fix the date issue. He says he is going to quote me for a new movement.

How much do those usually go for? I have heard $50 or so.