Sign in to follow this  
da12

A7750 movement

da12

I have read many things about the Asian 7750 movement including the following very helpful article:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...c=6101&st=0

It seems when the secs dial is not modified and left @ 9 position, it is supposed to be reliable 'enough'. (When the secs is transferred to other positions, it seems

it gets problematic as there are no jewels for those gears.)

I wanted to ask you guys who have watches with A7750 movement with secs at nine (ie. secs placement is not modified): How old is your oldest watch with this movement that still keeps working?

I know that due to poor quality control, there can be a great deal of quality difference for the movements even coming out of the same factory,

but let's see what are the statistics.

Edited by da12

Ollifl

The statistics say that for every negative report you read and hear about, 100-1000 positive reports were never mentioned or even written, that's the bad thing about Internet.

Luthier

My few oldest are 3 y/old, constantly running chrono, never had any problems. Never serviced.

NFleischer

I have a sec @ 6 Daytona- still working almost 5 years.

da12

3 years and 5 years? Not bad at all...

I was wondering, are there places we could buy these movements and replace the old ones if they happen to stop working one day? Or, just going ahead and buying a new rep would be a wiser or more economical way? Any ideas?

Considering about getting a PAM and now my question is to get one with 7750 automatic movement or a manual movement which might be easier & cheaper to replace in case something goes wrong...

Luthier

You worry too much...

:footinmouth:

flamagic

secs@9 omega speedmaster broad arrow - one of my oldest reps 6 years - still running......

Dan

flamagic

also secs@9 Daytona...at least 2 years - no problems....works great