Sign in to follow this  
harz0rz

Hi, I'm New to the Replica Watch Scene

harz0rz

Hi guys,

I'm new to this scene. I unfortunately bought a replica Rolex watch without doing any research first. I ordered from watchinc.net. Has anyone every heard anything about this site? Has anyone ever ordered from them? They seem legit as they have live chat and a working customer service line. They even warn about watch-inc.net, a scam site that is trying to copy thier website.

Any info would be great. I spent $185 on a replica rolex with japanese movement (actual watch assembled in china). They seemed very up from about just the movement being Japanese and the watch itself being made in China. Seemed up front as well some models not having working chronographs due to the japanese movement.

Please let me know anything you guys know

greg_r

Won't be a Japanese movement, will probably be a Chinese 21J by the sounds of it. Taking a look at some of their prices, they're well over the top for some models, so the likelihood is that you've overpaid fairly significantly.

I've heard of the site concerned and they're not one we would trust. Their descriptions are inaccurate, some of their photos are questionable and the site generally isn't confidence-inspiring. You MAY get your watch (fingers crossed!), but I'd stay well clear in future. Check out our trusted dealer list and stick with them for any further buys, you'll be a lot safer and you're going to get a better watch at a better price.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :popcorn:

BigBuys

Hope you get your watch from those guys!! Read everything here before pulling the trigger again. I have made the mistake of over exuberant ordering and some were bad choices for me. What may be great for some may not be the best on your arm. Study the photos and especially the WRISTIES.

mbjoer

Just took a quick look at the site.

It lists Nomos watches, and the pics look OK, but not Gen.

This is the first time I have come across this brand in the Rep world.

harz0rz

Got a tracking number from them a couple of days ago, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll upload a few pictures when the watch comes.

The replica I ordered has some minor differences from the real one but nothing the average non-watch-enthusiast would be able to spot in my opinion.

btw, what is a Nomos watch?

Edited by harz0rz

vonlimmel

I ordered four watches from watchinc.net recently. Prices are good (I had several gifts to make) and they offer attractive volume discounts. The problem is they really sell the good and the bad, all in comparable price points, and without any indicator on their website to differentiate. For example I got a Rolex Yachtmaster II (auto Miyota mvt.) that looks very good listed at $155, and a $155 Patek Philippe Grand Complications (PP2, also Miyota movt) that has dings in the dial, fingerprints on the movement, and even without that just looks plain cheap. Same price. No comparison in quality. When you chat with their cust. service, they always defend all their product saying it's all top quality, so basically they are only helping you to be deceived down the road. Their return policy is poor. Even if you receive the wrong product (it happened to me, they shipped the wrong model in error) you are still responsible for $35 restocking fee, plus shipment back. Basically it's not worth sending the watch back, even if it's their fault. So this site is really hit and miss. You can get lucky the first time, but you are better off going to a trusted dealer and pay a little more to get something nice 90+% of the time instead of 50.

jeffw69

Before I found this site, I ordered 2 watches from them- a Pam 111 and a Tag Calibre 17.

The Pam is really cheap looking, it works and all, but I won't wear it-colors of the paint on dial is so off.

The Tag has nice AR, but that's about it. I definitely overpaid on these.

Since that mistake, I have really educated myself here and on RG. The quality of the watches from our trusted dealers is so much better!

And the movements- they say that they use Japanese Miyota in their automatic watches and I now realize that these are the cheapest chinese 21J, but at least I didn't get scammed by buying one of those Best Ultimate AAA+++ Swiss watches :D