Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

A short review of my Pam 351 with good pics

gottahaverolex

Let me start by saying that I am in love with this watch! I haven't been so excited about any watch I have bought in quite some time. I don't know what it is about the tobacco dial and titanium that does it for me but it's just right.

I just so happened to be doing an estimate today near a Tourneau store so I decided to stop in and look at the real deal to get a better gauge of how this rep stands up to the gen. I gotta tell you this rep is god damn good! Dial and hand color is spot on as far as my eye can tell. Date wheel color, position and font are awesome and lume is pretty much perfect. Crown spacing and shape looks correct as does the crown guard itself. I thought the CG pin looked a little too far out to the edge on the rep but it's pretty much identical to the gen. CG lever shape is also excellent with a rounder tip than some of the previous H or N factory stuff.

The two huge flaws are the case back serial number fail and obviously the movement. Other than that I'd consider this dead nuts to gen. The Panerai nazis over at RG were complaining about the dial and hand color being off and it being unacceptable....they are smoking crack! I'm no expert but it is right on for both. The color of the titanium used on the 351 is lighter than the previous 176/177 etc and is absolutely gen like. The bezel height is a hair off but you'd never notice without looking for it. Crystal looks really good as does AR. The case back engraving is a slightly thicker font on the gen but this is also trivial as you don't see it on the wrist and the serial number deal would ruin the case back anyhow so not a big deal.

My conclusion is that this is one awesome watch. Not only because of how good the construction is but just how different it is from most of the other Pams. It wears way bigger than a 005 or 111 because of it's 18mm thickness and 1950 style case withe broader corners. I'm a bit partial to 47mm Pams now but this feels and looks almost the same size on the wrist.

I highly recommend that if you are on the fence about this watch...BUY IT! You will not be disappointed :rofl: Below are some pics i took and I hope they do it justice. Enjoy!

GHR....I mean GHP :D

166bc366.jpg

d419d6ff.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

cremona

Awesome watch Rich. Where from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

gottahaverolex
Awesome watch Rich. Where from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks Aaron! From josh at Perfect Clones and $258 plus EMS shipping so $280 total

seclark007

I came for the rollies, but stay for the PAM's. :D

Enjoy it in good health!

dingle

repgeek knows noooooooooooooooooooothing :D

gottahaverolex
repgeek knows noooooooooooooooooooothing :D

Agreed! LOL! I know it's got differences from the gen but good god man it's damn close!

houndoggie

thanks,

you made me order one!

pollux1

First PAM I've seen in a LONG time I want. Dammit now I'm gonna have to get one, I hate you GHR :D

gottahaverolex
First PAM I've seen in a LONG time I want. Dammit now I'm gonna have to get one, I hate you GHR :D

Glad to help out bro! :rofl:

thanks,

you made me order one!

If I'm goin' down I'm taking you all with me!

pollux1

I don't like handwind PAM's much, and HATE not having a date function, add to this the case/dial etc look bloody awesome and it must be mine.

gottahaverolex
I don't like handwind PAM's much, and HATE not having a date function, add to this the case/dial etc look bloody awesome and it must be mine.

It's everything you want then! Go for it!

pollux1

It's everything you want then! Go for it!

YUP! PLUS the case size, as you have said already, I prefer the larger size, these PAM reps are super close now.

HWG

Damn nice watch, enjoy it!

Silverspeed

Oh my that tobacco dial looks stunning..........great buy!

g.man

It's a beauty! Think I've found my next purchase.

enjoy

g.man

NFleischer

That's very nice. If I didn't have a 359, I'd get that instead. Really a good deal for

the price. My 359 has a very smooth 7750 mov't.

Pihlippe

Wow what a piece, me want to

gottahaverolex

Just scored a OEM Assolutamente strap for this beauty!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!Los Angeles Boutique just got one in and I grabbed it! Fucking sweet!!

Silverspeed

Which strap is that......the faded dark brown strap?

subiim

I saw the gen in Hawaii a few months ago and this is spot on. Even the date font looks cool (which is an issue with my 312). Nice one

gottahaverolex
Which strap is that......the faded dark brown strap?

Yes sir! The hardest to get and most popular at the moment. I felt this watch needed to be kept as OEM as possible.

Here's a pick of a 351 with the Assolutamente strap (on right...obviously ;) )

assolutamente.jpg

Bibicu

What a beautiful piece Rich. This could be my first pam....i trust your taste ;)

Del

Very nice PAM! I love the brown dial/titanium case combo.

Great pick-up! ;)

gottahaverolex

Thanks so much guys!

The LA boutique said they are over-nighting my strap for free! So I should have it tomorrow sometime ;)

fragzzone

Definately a keeper, I have a 328 from TS and love it ;)... but now you got me thinking, hmmm