Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

A short review of my Pam 351 with good pics

gottahaverolex
Definately a keeper, I have a 328 from TS and love it ;)... but now you got me thinking, hmmm

HAHA! Sorry man, I didn't try it...really! :wub:

Aren
Very nice PAM! I love the brown dial/titanium case combo.

Great pick-up! ;)

I agree with Del. This is a nice combo.

Really nice photos and comprehensive review.

Thanks GHR...it's a beauty

I trust you will bring it to the GTG.

Enjoy it and congratulations on a splendid purchase.

:wub:

gottahaverolex
Very nice PAM! I love the brown dial/titanium case combo.

Great pick-up! :P

I agree with Del. This is a nice combo.

Really nice photos and comprehensive review.

Thanks GHR...it's a beauty

I trust you will bring it to the GTG.

Enjoy it and congratulations on a splendid purchase.

;)

Thanks Aren, it will definitely be at the GTG with me, most likely on my wrist unless my EGI from Donerix shows up before then.

da12

So, are you going to change your username to gottahavepam after some point ;-) ?

:P

dave47

ABSOLUTELY a beautiful watch GHR, ER. GHP!! I can see why Pams just kinda grow on someone, as they've done with me. Great looker and nice review.

dave

Let me start by saying that I am in love with this watch! I haven't been so excited about any watch I have bought in quite some time. I don't know what it is about the tobacco dial and titanium that does it for me but it's just right.

I just so happened to be doing an estimate today near a Tourneau store so I decided to stop in and look at the real deal to get a better gauge of how this rep stands up to the gen. I gotta tell you this rep is god damn good! Dial and hand color is spot on as far as my eye can tell. Date wheel color, position and font are awesome and lume is pretty much perfect. Crown spacing and shape looks correct as does the crown guard itself. I thought the CG pin looked a little too far out to the edge on the rep but it's pretty much identical to the gen. CG lever shape is also excellent with a rounder tip than some of the previous H or N factory stuff.

The two huge flaws are the case back serial number fail and obviously the movement. Other than that I'd consider this dead nuts to gen. The Panerai nazis over at RG were complaining about the dial and hand color being off and it being unacceptable....they are smoking crack! I'm no expert but it is right on for both. The color of the titanium used on the 351 is lighter than the previous 176/177 etc and is absolutely gen like. The bezel height is a hair off but you'd never notice without looking for it. Crystal looks really good as does AR. The case back engraving is a slightly thicker font on the gen but this is also trivial as you don't see it on the wrist and the serial number deal would ruin the case back anyhow so not a big deal.

My conclusion is that this is one awesome watch. Not only because of how good the construction is but just how different it is from most of the other Pams. It wears way bigger than a 005 or 111 because of it's 18mm thickness and 1950 style case withe broader corners. I'm a bit partial to 47mm Pams now but this feels and looks almost the same size on the wrist.

I highly recommend that if you are on the fence about this watch...BUY IT! You will not be disappointed ;) Below are some pics i took and I hope they do it justice. Enjoy!

GHR....I mean GHP :P

166bc366.jpg

d419d6ff.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

kolchak

perfect combo of dial & case color....looks sophisticated & very expensive.

toehh

It's a true beauty, is Josh the only one selling this watch?

ReplicaFromDownunder

nice pam

MikeMcNair

rich, gimme a lume shot, so i know what i'm buying ;)

btw, i love you for being you, but hate you for this thread!!!!!!!!!!

(goes to buy this watch planning on superluming the shit outa it)

Scavolas

Really nice package and review -- actually, this brown strap is stunning on it. Am I rigth that it is a Kain Heritage strap? Could you be more specific which model?

My guess is this:

KH Xi Heritage 101B

Edited by Scavolas

gottahaverolex
So, are you going to change your username to gottahavepam after some point ;-) ?

:popcorn:

Lol! Look at what the mods did! Check out the spot right under my avatar to the left. :dingleberry-nemesis: it seems I'm being forced to change it :D

gottahaverolex
Really nice package and review -- actually, this brown strap is stunning on it. Am I rigth that it is a Kain Heritage strap? Could you be more specific which model?

My guess is this:

KH Xi Heritage 101B

Thanks Scavolas! Yes, that's the KH strap it's on tight now until my gen "ASS" strap arrives. I had this strap on my 177 and it's going right back as soon as the other one arrives. Awesome strap for the money.

gottahaverolex
It's a true beauty, is Josh the only one selling this watch?

No, there are many dealers that have them. Andrew, Angus and most others can probably get it by now.

gottahaverolex
rich, gimme a lume shot, so i know what i'm buying ;)

I'll take a lume shot right now for ya but trust me Mike there's no need for a relume, it's a fucking torch! Already superlumed from the factory and as bright as all the other new H and N factory Pams.

greg_r

;)

Lol! Look at what the mods did! Check out the spot right under my avatar to the left. ;) it seems I'm being forced to change it :D

:dingleberry-nemesis:

Sorry, but couldn't resist :D

351 looks amazing btw... I've already had to give up on my self-imposed limitation of 10 PAMs in my collection - looks like that maximum is gonna go right out of the window now! :frusty:

gottahaverolex

;)

Lol! Look at what the mods did! Check out the spot right under my avatar to the left. ;) it seems I'm being forced to change it :D

:dingleberry-nemesis:

Sorry, but couldn't resist :frusty:

351 looks amazing btw... I've already had to give up on my self-imposed limitation of 10 PAMs in my collection - looks like that maximum is gonna go right out of the window now! :frusty:

;) it's all good Greg, I figured it was you! It's a well deserved change :D

I'm glad I could sway your rock solid constitution and make you buy another Pam, you're gonna love it!

gottahaverolex

After about 5 seconds of light exposure

f56725c4.jpg

solkryssare

One of the better looking Pam's I've seen ;) Great pick up!

watch.aholic

That's a nice watch......44mm 1950 case in Titanium.....with tobacco dial......How light does it feel compared to stainless steel 44mm PAM's....

I've got a 328L and it is definitely quite heavy....more so on the bracelet but the Ti case should take off a lot of weight I suppose...

Also that's a Low beat movement on it...is it?

How's the lume compared to the 312/328...

houndoggie
rich, gimme a lume shot, so i know what i'm buying :D

you won't need to.

the PAM 3xx makers have great lume.

ath

damn! thought this was great with the first strap, but the combo with the assolutamente is f*** awesome!!!! looking myself to find one of these already :)

is this a 24/22 one? do you know the color code/description?

gottahaverolex
damn! thought this was great with the first strap, but the combo with the assolutamente is f*** awesome!!!! looking myself to find one of these already :facepalm:

is this a 24/22 one? do you know the color code/description?

When I called the Boutique all I asked for was a Assolutamente strap in 24/22 115/95 XL. Color code on packaging says Dark Brown. Call the LA boutique because New York doesn't have the for another two weeks. :)

gottahaverolex
That's a nice watch......44mm 1950 case in Titanium.....with tobacco dial......How light does it feel compared to stainless steel 44mm PAM's....

I've got a 328L and it is definitely quite heavy....more so on the bracelet but the Ti case should take off a lot of weight I suppose...

Also that's a Low beat movement on it...is it?

How's the lume compared to the 312/328...

The watch is super light! Way lighter than any of my Ss 44mm pams. Movement is an Asian 7750

spboudart

Got to replace my stolen 359, that I wasn't wearing that much because it was too heavy.

You've convinced me.

P4GTR

I never thought looking at this thread would make me want another watch. No! No! Look away! :dingleberry-nemesis: