Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

A short review of my Pam 351 with good pics

gottahaverolex
Got to replace my stolen 359, that I wasn't wearing that much because it was too heavy.

You've convinced me.

Awesome!! LOL!

I never thought looking at this thread would make me want another watch. No! No! Look away! :D

Do it Dan! :dingleberry-nemesis:

ath
damn! thought this was great with the first strap, but the combo with the assolutamente is f*** awesome!!!! looking myself to find one of these already :gunbandana:

is this a 24/22 one? do you know the color code/description?

When I called the Boutique all I asked for was a Assolutamente strap in 24/22 115/95 XL. Color code on packaging says Dark Brown. Call the LA boutique because New York doesn't have the for another two weeks. :D

Thanks mate, looking around the globe already...

Bibicu

How much it costs that Assolutamente strap in 24/22 115/95 XL Rich? Looks great with that dial!

gottahaverolex

There's something to be said about the service you get from Panerai. Ordered yesterday around 2:00 pm from the Panerai Boutique arrived today at 1:00 pm :D

024-1.jpg

025.jpg

026-1.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

houndoggie

perfect combo!

dingle

great combo. i deleted pics 4 and 5. They had your address and name, etc...:D

gottahaverolex
great combo. i deleted pics 4 and 5. They had your address and name, etc...:dingleberry-nemesis:

Oops!!!! Thanks Ding, I didn't even think of it! I was too excited :D

fragzzone

Great strap man, you are a menace to my finances.

gottahaverolex
How much it costs that Assolutamente strap in 24/22 115/95 XL Rich? Looks great with that dial!

$230 plus whatever sales tax your state charges. Free overnight shipping :dingleberry-nemesis:

gottahaverolex
Great strap man, you are a menace to my finances.

I try man! LOL!

g.man

Amazing combo.

regards

g.man

OceanView

Great looking watch and strap, Congrats!

I have a question.

I saw this Gen at an AD about a month ago and if I remember correctly I thought the strap was a dark chocolate alligator strap.

Is the Panerai Gen strap you purchased the same as the Gen you saw at the AD or was it a dark chocolate strap?

Also, did you by chance put your Rep next to the Gen to compare the color accuracy of the dial?

Just wondering,

Thanks

Scavolas

With this gen strap it even looks more stunning! No question, I have to get one for myself (my finances will only allow for the KH XH101B strap with it though). I've already asked Mary, but she could get it for 40 USD more (she indicated she was sorry for this).

I've never ordered from Josh -- but his 20 USD extra UK transshipment offer would be great for me. I just cannot decide whether to stick with Mary and pay more or start afresh with Josh. Does he deal with me through email, or I would be supposed to do my order on his Web store?

$230 plus whatever sales tax your state charges. Free overnight shipping :)

gianton

Great watch and review! I will order one too!

Vector

Stunning mate . I so need one of those ! :lol:

gottahaverolex
Great looking watch and strap, Congrats!

I have a question.

I saw this Gen at an AD about a month ago and if I remember correctly I thought the strap was a dark chocolate alligator strap.

Is the Panerai Gen strap you purchased the same as the Gen you saw at the AD or was it a dark chocolate strap?

Also, did you by chance put your Rep next to the Gen to compare the color accuracy of the dial?

Just wondering,

Thanks

You are correct, the watch at the AD was on a dark brown gator strap which is what it should come with. The Assolutamente strap only comes on special edition Pams. I felt it looked better than the dark brown gator so I decided to go with it.

I didn't wear my rep into the AD to compare, that could be asking for trouble. I did however talk about replicas with the sales lady who didn't seem to care that people wear them into the store all the time. She said she's never seen a Pam replica but sees Rolex all the time.

The dial on the gen seemed to be just about the same color as my rep, impossible to tell without a side by side but it's much lighter than I expected. It is very

Close indeed. Look at the post above with a pick of the gen I stole from risti, looks damn close to me! ;)

Gen:

assolutamente.jpg

Rep:

001-2.jpg

watch.aholic
030.jpg

Awesome combo.......The strap looks so good....The dial color is mesmerizing.....gives a break from the ubiquitous black/grey/blue/white dials....

I think I am going to have to put the 351 on my wishlist.....Just a bit concerned about that 7750 low beat movement that throbs inside......it's

not exactly dependable.....Otherwise this is a perfect watch.......Unique due to the dial color, easy to wear due to Ti and you can dress it up

with various exotic straps.........

Thank you for bringing this one to the fore.....I am not sure why this remained hidden in the alleys until now....

Inushuk

Wow Great review and nice watch ... Look like it is going to be my next one...

gottahaverolex
030.jpg

Awesome combo.......The strap looks so good....The dial color is mesmerizing.....gives a break from the ubiquitous black/grey/blue/white dials....

I think I am going to have to put the 351 on my wishlist.....Just a bit concerned about that 7750 low beat movement that throbs inside......it's

not exactly dependable.....Otherwise this is a perfect watch.......Unique due to the dial color, easy to wear due to Ti and you can dress it up

with various exotic straps.........

Thank you for bringing this one to the fore.....I am not sure why this remained hidden in the alleys until now....

7750's without the seconds @ 6 mod are pretty reliable. I've had tons over the years and never had one die. Don't use the chrono's and don't hand wind it and it should last. Don't let it keep you from buying this watch, you will love it!

gottahaverolex
With this gen strap it even looks more stunning! No question, I have to get one for myself (my finances will only allow for the KH XH101B strap with it though). I've already asked Mary, but she could get it for 40 USD more (she indicated she was sorry for this).

I've never ordered from Josh -- but his 20 USD extra UK transshipment offer would be great for me. I just cannot decide whether to stick with Mary and pay more or start afresh with Josh. Does he deal with me through email, or I would be supposed to do my order on his Web store?

$230 plus whatever sales tax your state charges. Free overnight shipping :Whistle:

Ordering through Josh's site is super easy and fast. There's no waiting for replies from him like with Mary and other dealers. Mary is great but waiting for her to respond sometimes is annoying. I've been buying from Josh for years and have never had one single problem. Give him a shot :)

BigBuys

Well Rich, now I have to buy a new PAM! You did it to me.

gottahaverolex
Well Rich, now I have to buy a new PAM! You did it to me.

Sorry man! LOL! I didn't try to :) Wrist check is going to be pretty boring in a week or so! Full of 351's :Whistle:

cvp3

I hate this website. I think I'm done......I have every watch I've ever dreamed of and then some....... Now the hard decision of which ones to cut loose to buy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

gtwc

Great pics and lovely looking watc.

Drat.

Another one for my 'must-have' list.

Thanks a lot the artist formerly known at GottaHaveRolex............

CheeseCake

Ordered mine from silix-prime. Can't wait to see it.

Beautiful piece. Just have to get the leather strap now :)