Bell & Ross do the Big Pilot

Member X

I am liking them ;) although they are far from original... :P lol

45mm, familiar dial!

'Military' version

http://www.bellross.com/uk/#/collections/vintage/heritage/98

'Heritage' version

http://www.bellross.com/uk/#/collections/vintage/heritage/97

Only difference I can see is strap, PVD and different colour lume on the heritage...

Movement is 'mechanical automatic' which probably means it's standard B&R stuff - i.e. bog standard ETA or Sellita with a pretty rotor added...

Usual B&R pricing too - i.e. overpriced for what is basically a SS case with a pretty finish, sapphire crystal and an out-the-box ETA/Sellita...

£1950 for classic version, £2200 for Heritage version!

As with most B&Rs, I'd personally only buy secondhand as they're just too much money new for the components. (IMHO ;) ;))

Edited by Member X

Baldrick

Another company inventing an 'l'histoire millésime', Bell & Ross's heritage goes back only as far as the early 90's, and for the benefit of any noobs who may be labouring under the misconception that they had a history based on supplying aviation cockpit flight instruments, sorry, not an urban legend, but an 'urbane' one created by the company. due to early collaboration with Sinn who were instrument makers.

Not a patch on any IWC BP. :dingleberry-nemesis:

crossbones
Another company inventing an 'l'histoire millésime', Bell & Ross's heritage goes back only as far as the early 90's, and for the benefit of any noobs who may be labouring under the misconception that they had a history based on supplying aviation cockpit flight instruments, sorry, not an urban legend, but an 'urbane' one created by the company. due to early collaboration with Sinn who were instrument makers.

Not a patch on any IWC BP. :P

THANK YOU! I just read a post today where some kid was talking about how "he loved B&R for their history"

I laughed alone.

Anyways, I like these but the straps look tiny.

SMIDSY did a great hands on review here:

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=151035

Edited by crossbones

Member X

lol @ Baldrick

You speak the truth, though!

greg_r

Not a patch on any IWC BP. :wub:

+1

I like several of B&R's watches, but I'll admit I dislike all the fake 'history' they espouse...

schmooze

Not a patch on any IWC BP. :wub:

The magic of marketing: 1 part illusion & 2 parts bullshit.

narikaa
The magic of marketing: 1 part illusion & 2 parts bullshit.

& 7 parts gullible, wide eyed, slack jawed customers

;)

Carrera
& 7 parts gullible, wide eyed, slack jawed customers

You called?

AustinTech

Those watches are remarkably ugly.

I do give them credit for not just making another ubiquitous pilot, at least these have their own style within the pilot watch catagory.

Didn't know that about B&R's "history." Then again, I never cared.

I've got a Jewish friend who drives a Mercedes, loves Panerai, owns an IWC, and says he likes the history of the brands.

alw

I think they´re rather nice....and easy to rep.