Sign in to follow this  
Member X

IWC Portuguese 1939

mbjoer
I agree. It seems strange that a bit of leather should cost the same as the watch head.

And I really don't understand why the rep-makers bother to send the plastic crap with their otherwise nice watches. There is no way I would wear this one with the strap it came with.

Somehow there shoud be an opportunity for a dealer to provide quality straps at reasonable prices with the dress watches.

did you ever replace the strap on your Breguet?

Yes, I also had it AR treated, and it has made a significant difference. I really like it now!

dingle
I agree. It seems strange that a bit of leather should cost the same as the watch head.

And I really don't understand why the rep-makers bother to send the plastic crap with their otherwise nice watches. There is no way I would wear this one with the strap it came with.

Somehow there shoud be an opportunity for a dealer to provide quality straps at reasonable prices with the dress watches.

Yes, I also had it AR treated, and it has made a significant difference. I really like it now!

I am ready for those pics....:lmao2:

mbjoer

I am ready for those pics....:lmao2:

LOL.......... Soon, my freind, soon!!

Member X

Ok, I just thought I would update this thread with some pics taken yesterday - they are effectively QC pics for the person interested... ;)

image00013x.jpg

image00001pv.jpg

image00002y.jpg

image00003xk.jpg

image00004whd.jpg

image00005hm.jpg

image00006x.jpg

image00007ki.jpg

image00008z.jpg

image00009bd.jpg

image00010sr.jpg

image00011l.jpg

image00012p.jpg

I do like it a lot; it's a beautiful watch that is really well made, it winds smoothly and keeps great time, it's not too big and not too small, it changes colour between the light silver dial with silver hands and indices that you can see in the pics and a warm cream with gold hands and indices, depending on the light, and the AR on the (mineral) crystal is excellent, but I just don't wear it very much because I'm not that 'dressy' day-to-day and I'm too poor to go out to dinner etc very often! :popcorn::lol:

I would highly recommend them, they are a great price and, for me, was an excellent 'First Rep'. :)

I am quite sad to see it go :) but it will give some funds for the massive watch box that I need! lol

mbjoer

You unfaithful b*****d!

Selling your old avatar?? How can you do it??

I still have mine. Just seem incapable of selling any watches, avatar material or not...

Member X

lol

I know, I know... :)

I don't usually sell things either, this is my first sale! It is a watch I like but I just didn't wear it as I prefer a slightly sportier look, hence I think I've only worn it perhaps twice in the past year :unsure:

I think the new owner is happy with it :) and I am putting the sale proceeds towards a massive watchbox!!

TexAg08

That's beautiful! I must admit that I have a slight love affair with IWCs. The Portofino I got from Mary was a joy.

Teddyfigo

Where did u get it from ?its beautiful !!

Member X

I got this from a dealer on RWG.cc that is no longer a Trusted Dealer anywhere! :D

If you send a link to this thread to Mary or Marvellous Replica, they can tell you if it is available :)

gran

Update with stingray strap pics :)

dscf1855l.jpg

dscf1851n.jpg

dscf1852.jpg

Stingray makes this watch even better

graman

Love this watch......with the cream dial, and the black.

I'd love it if someone repped the vintage ingy too.....it's awesome!

Shakarylups