Sign in to follow this  
stiltzkin

DSSD bezel removal - Please help??

stiltzkin

I've look into this before and all I can find is that the bezel 'pops off'. Well I have a problem as mine won't pop off. Either there is another way of removing it (special tool), I've got a stubborn c**t of a watch or I'm too pathetic to remove it?

I'm a little bereft of tools so I've been using a victorinox kitchen knife - it's thin enough to get under the bezel and (hopefully) strong enough not to snap and pin my closed eye lid to my eye ball...

Any ideas or pointers to previous posts I've missed?

Thanks in advance...

tracyl

I had a UPO that had the same problem. I even bought a $99 bezel remover from ebay, and it still wouldn't come off! I took it to my watch smith, and he even couldn't get it off with the bezel remover. So I just gave up, and sold the watch. I just figured it is better to sell to someone who would enjoy the watch without worrying about the bezel being slightly off.

But if you want to try to remove it, you can either buy a bezel remover or take it to a small watch repair shop and ask if they can get it off. Good luck!

T.

I've look into this before and all I can find is that the bezel 'pops off'. Well I have a problem as mine won't pop off. Either there is another way of removing it (special tool), I've got a stubborn c**t of a watch or I'm too pathetic to remove it?

I'm a little bereft of tools so I've been using a victorinox kitchen knife - it's thin enough to get under the bezel and (hopefully) strong enough not to snap and pin my closed eye lid to my eye ball...

Any ideas or pointers to previous posts I've missed?

Thanks in advance...

stiltzkin

Thanks for the response!

Ideally I'd like to get the bezel off myself, however it's sounding as though a special tool may be required.

Anyone else know of a DIY method to get the bezel off?

Thanks...

rattytdr

Use a lubricant, press lightly and turn left at the same time