Sign in to follow this  
chinabee

What happens when my rep breaks down?

chinabee

Do I just send to Mike here to have it repaired? I assume replacing the movement would cost somewhere $100?

bimmerpilot
Do I just send to Mike here to have it repaired? I assume replacing the movement would cost somewhere $100?

"How reliable are the watches from the trusted dealers?"

Why don't you "cut to the chase"..

I'm guessing by your previous post that have you purchased a rep and it has problem?

Have you contacted "Mike" about it?

'sounds like you may be"putting the cart before the horse"..

Contact Mike before you start questioning the reliability of a RWG Trusted Dealers.

twall

You seem to be quite untrusing of reps, judging by your last 2 threads.....:D

If you're good to it, you should be fine. If you get a lemon, the TD will take care of you. That's why they're TRUSTED. Don't know where you're from. Mike is in the US. There are other modders/repairmen that are elsewhere, too.

EDIT - Gotta agree with BP - please 'cut to the chase'.......or use the shoutbox. :drool:

gB.

Buy a new one.

chinabee

I'm guessing by your previous post that have you purchased a rep and it has problem?

Contact Mike before you start questioning the reliability of a RWG Trusted Dealers.

Haha, don't be so uptight. I just want to know. Nothing to do trusting them or not.

If they do break down, stuff do beak, right? I'd like to know what is the typical cost to have them fixed. It's not like I can take it to a watch shop to have the repair down.

My two posts are just to evaluate the risk and cost. Nothing more. :-)

twall

YOU'LL BE FINE. :D

If you're that worried about it - you can always buy a gen. (or a Seiko)

subiim

I take all my reps to a watch shop to get fixed. Had no probs

bimmerpilot

Haha, don't be so uptight. I just want to know. Nothing to do trusting them or not.

If they do break down, stuff do beak, right? I'd like to know what is the typical cost to have them fixed. It's not like I can take it to a watch shop to have the repair down.

My two posts are just to evaluate the risk and cost. Nothing more. :-)

So now you're talking "after purchase" service/maintenance Vs. "What happens if I buy a watch from from a TD and it __________"?

Well... Since I live in the U.S of A and "Mike" (are you talking about Mike McNair?) is the "go to guy" (here in the U.S. of A) for service/mods on "replica watches"; if you're worried about your 1/16th of the cost of a "genuine" watch replica breaking down.. "Oh what do I do I do now"!?!?! Might I suggest a nice gen Casio or Timex..

"uptight"? Moi?

Do YOUR "homework" and get a few more (intelligent) posts under your belt before you start using the word "uptight".

Regards,

BP

seoulbrova

Google "watch repair" for your area. Call and ask if they can fix reps. You'd be surprised, most mom and pop places don't care if its rep or gen as long as you have green.

Baldrick
It's not like I can take it to a watch shop to have the repair down.

Why.....I do, it's just a bog standard movement, any competent watchsmith can repair it :P

twall
Why.....I do, it's just a bog standard movement, any competent watchsmith can repair it :Talk to the Hand:

CAN? Absolutely. WILL? That depends on if the repair person is an uptight asshole or not......

I have a certain GEN watch that the local 'competent' repairman COULD work on - but he REFUSED to, for unspecified reasons. Even when I said money was no object (was my dad's watch that was given to me - much sentimental value)! So, I had to learn to do the repair myself. :P

Baldrick

Take it out of the case, remove the dial and tell him you bought the movement as a spare, no conscience involved .......there's a solution to every problem....:P

twall

......but, some people can find a problem with every solution, too. :P

Baldrick

Yeah, but my Dads bigger than your Dad..........no he isn't....yes he is, besides which I bought the candy yesterday....it's your turn :)

twall

I'm tellin on you......:)

Baldrick
I'm tellin on you......:)

You can't.....that's JohnG's job..he's the forums snitch ;)

twall

Then, I'm gonna pout. :)

Baldrick
Then, I'm gonna pout. ;)

Sorry, that's JohnG's job also, you'll upset him....and he'll pull a moody face :)

Mystery Shopper

Chinabee, I guess the saying, 'you get what you pay for' is relevant here.

Some of my reps I would throw out if they go break, others I choose to mod. My cheapest rep was $80 & the dearest about $500- I have the same life expectancy for both. Read the feedback sections of the trusted dealers and you will see the varied feedback.

As to repairs, it depends where you are and where the mod is. I recently send off a mod to Taiwan even though I contacted Kenny first (Slovakian customs- dammit).

twall
Then, I'm gonna pout. ;)

Sorry, that's JohnG's job also, you'll upset him....and he'll pull a moody face B)

Then, you're basically saying I'm SOL?