Sign in to follow this  
offshore

Gee, now they are German!

dingle
Methinks some redneck sonny boy is trying it on here!

moi?

:popcorn:

:lol:

yk101
What do we make of this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dievas-Vintage-...b#ht_500wt_1413

Is this supposed to be a "Dievas", German watch, with Swiss movement? :lmao2:

Methinks some redneck sonny boy is trying it on here!

Offshore

Looks real to me; http://www.dievaswatches.com/DievasVintage3646.html

I have one of their Ti Cali dials - great watch and nicely built. They are in fact made in Germany using Swiss movements...

offshore
Looks real to me; http://www.dievaswatches.com/DievasVintage3646.html

I have one of their Ti Cali dials - great watch and nicely built. They are in fact made in Germany using Swiss movements...

Yes, it was pointed out to me by someone else that this company existed. I accept that, however with more than a grain of salt.

The whole thing gets a bit too multicultural for mine.

An Italian design, made in Germany, with a Swiss movement, marketed from Singapore...gee the only country not getting a guernsey is China, and I'll bet my left testicle there is something Chinese, somewhere in all that wonderful multicultural mix. In fact I reckon a lot closer to 100% Chinese, than German.

Reminds me of the "German" Aeromatics...coming live to you straight from your local rep factory in downtown Shenzhen.

And of recent times the Chinese are buying up "Swiss' watch brands by the bucketful.

Twill be hard to buy a non Chinese watch very soon.

O/S

256gmt

My first post. I'll try to be entertaining.

At the very least "D-Ah-Vas" needs to fire their copy writer. From their History page:

"Since the company’s conception (inception?) in 2006, Dievas Watch Company has forged an astute reputation amongst watch collectors (watch collectors might be astute, but reputations?) and enthusiasts alike for their spectacular good looks, reliability, innovation and exceptional value. Bringing together a modest group of young, vibrant designers with a few carefully selected, accomplished and experienced watchmakers, the company has succeed in molding a cohesive blueprint that is culpable (I wonder who is culpable for this 'culpable?') for current and impending Dievas watch collections (hyperinflation might be impending while future watch collections loom over my bank balance) that not only illustrate striking originality but also embellishing (embellish) classic lines, reminiscent of specific historical vintage watches."

...a few more gems:

"Complying with stringent code of quality control"

"cutting age manufacturing techniques"

"Some of the aforementioned include" (Not really incorrect, but aforementioners should all be slapped.)

This might have been the work of a translation program, but I don't see options for other languages on the website. Also the poor word choices appear in the context of what is otherwise respectable cumulative syntax. That leads me to believe that fragments of professional ad copy were hijacked and altered by a non-native speaker.