Sign in to follow this  
GreenHornet

My AP ROO Montauk Highway

GreenHornet

Just picked up the Montauk Highway from Toro! There are some detailed threads on this already, so I won't go into a full on review. Suffice to say that I am very pleased with Toro's quick service.... from day of order to my doorstep in 4 days, as well as the unique beauty and quality of the piece. The only downside is the cheap rep hornback strap. But this is easily fixed with a high quality 100% Hornback strap on order from HKTan.

Now on to the photos:

AP%2520ROO%2520Montauk%2520Highway%2520on%2520iPhone%25204%2520013.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

2011-10-30_205615a.jpg

Montauk%25202.JPG

Montauk%2520Wrist%2520Shot%2520-%25201.jpg

2011-10-30_205003b.jpg

2011-10-30_205104a.jpg

And here's the Gen for a quick comparison:

GEN%2520AP%2520ROO%2520Montauk%2520Highway.jpg

KeNnY

fits well on your wrist ! :) I think this watch will fit everyone who has got dark tan skin.. not like me, what I am white like milk, because I am blond.. but who knows. Really nice watch man ! Congratz and thanks for photos :)

GreenHornet
fits well on your wrist ! :) I think this watch will fit everyone who has got dark tan skin.. not like me, what I am white like milk, because I am blond.. but who knows. Really nice watch man ! Congratz and thanks for photos :)

Thanks,

I wear lots of blue shirts, so this watch will get lots of wear. Can't believe I dropped over $800 for the watch plus the hornback strap............

But after seeing the photos online and checking out a few Gen AP ROO's at the local AD, it was a must have.

KeNnY

It is amazing watch and money well spent ! :)

Del

Wow - lovely watch and pics! :)

I admired this watch from Toro myself and was very tempted to buy it. The strap looks good in the pics but I've heard that it's a bit disappointing in person - I'm sure the new hornback strap will be great though (remember to post more pics when you get it fitted!).

GreenHornet
Wow - lovely watch and pics! :)

I admired this watch from Toro myself and was very tempted to buy it. The strap looks good in the pics but I've heard that it's a bit disappointing in person - I'm sure the new hornback strap will be great though (remember to post more pics when you get it fitted!).

The rep strap actually feels a little rubbery. I'm pretty sure its PU leather and not even croc grained calf. It has to go...........

The HKTan hornbacks others have purchased look amazing (for $269, it better be) and take the Montauk to another level.

Pics surely to follow once received.

GreenHornet

This should be my last rep purchase for a while............. I think. :thumbsup:

jeffw69

Looks awesome!

I got mine the other week and I have to decide if I want the Hornback from Aaron or the white rubber from AP Bands- or both?

Enjoy.

kolchak

This should be my last rep purchase for a while............. I think. B)

I doubt it - will just get the juices flowing!

did you see the gen montauk at dealer?

I may need to sell another gen to get this one.

GreenHornet

This should be my last rep purchase for a while............. I think. B)

I doubt it - will just get the juices flowing!

did you see the gen montauk at dealer?

I may need to sell another gen to get this one.

No, I have not seen the Gen Montauk. It's a limited edition of 300 pieces, I doubt that many dealers have them sitting in their showroom now.

I viewed and handled the Volcano, Navy, and Safari however. Those watches are very similar in size, structure, features, etc.

The only AP AD in the southeast USA is Nieman Marcus at Phipps Plaza here in Atlanta and their stock was not that great overall. They had around 10 - 12 AP watches total on display.

Jools

Nice pictures - ... So nice, I have one on the way :-0 .. Can't wait to see it in the flesh , thanks for sharing :)

DeLaForce

Good stuff looks superb!

Luthier

It's sooo gay...

;)

jeffw69

It's sooo gay...

;)

Admit it Luth, you know you want one B)

GreenHornet

Finally got my HKTan hornback strap. It took a whopping 2 months to get delivery.

That being said, It's a fantastic piece and goes quite well with the Montauk Highway.

HKTan%2520Hornback%2520Strap%2520007.JPG

HKTan%2520Hornback%2520Strap%2520010.JPG

HKTan%2520Hornback%2520Strap%2520013.JPG

HKTan%2520Hornback%2520Strap%2520028.JPG

HKTan%2520Hornback%2520Strap%2520030.JPG

HKTan%2520Hornback%2520Strap%2520024.JPG

torobravo

I have only a few ones left

schmooze

Luth is wrong, it's not gay, it's fantabulous, so fantabulous I must get one myself. Looks nice GH, real nice!! Great choice. I'm off to visit my dealer now.

Jools

That strap looks excellent Green Hornet :) may have to look into picking one up when my MH arrives

Very nice :)

powderfreak

Man that thing looks good! Damn, if only the movements were more reliable (and affordable :whistle), I'd buy one!

GreenHornet

Man that thing looks good! Damn, if only the movements were more reliable (and affordable :whistle), I'd buy one!

Knock on wood, but this watch has not shown any problems at all so far. I have a Dayton with the A77750 that crapped out after a couple weeks, so in comparison, this one has been a great buy.

The worst that can happen is I send it off and get it serviced properly.

Not too shabby when you consider the Gen costs upwards of $25,000.

trailboss99

This is growing on me. Alas I'm far too broke to afford it.

It's going to become a classic collectors item IMO.

powderfreak

Not too shabby when you consider the Gen costs upwards of $25,000.

Yeah indeed, the watch/price ratio on the rep is great, WAY better than the gen! If I had the bucks I would indeed get one of the AP Chrono's, but the Diver is probably the better solution for me.

BTW, I have also read/heard about some serious issues with the gens - some of them weren't really waterproof. Considering the price it is just insane, even if you get a new watch! One service alone on a gen is probably more than a rep :facepalm:

Miracle

Love this watch

JohnPilot

I have only a few ones left

Is it waterproof?