Sign in to follow this  
ekho

Watch tools from Ebay

ekho

Searching for watch tools from Ebay returns results for these 18pc watch repair tool set from HK, China, Singapore...etc.

Has anyone bought these, and are they worth it?

I'd like to learn to tinker with my reps, or at the least to adjust my bracelet.

Here's an example of one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/18-1-Watch-Repair-T...=item230ceadf9c

da12

They have similar items on amazon too...the reviews are mixed. Some people say they are not bad for the money, some people say they are totally worthless.

I am looking to get a tool kit as well...

trailboss99

As Luthier says, why buy crap from Ebay when we have spent considerable time and money ensuring you can buy quality tools (we sell to watchmakers, not just hobbyists)? These are hand picked on buying trips to China and HK. We test every model of tool before it goes on sale in a watchmaking environment. ie: we use them ourselves and give them to a qualified watchmaker to use and report on.

As for those 18pce sets, about the only decent thing in there is the hammer and it's hard to that wrong!

ekho

A bit embarrassed to admit this, but I hadn't even thought of the RWG shop! Usually when I scroll down, I head straight to the dealer's forums.

The heck with Ebay then! :fme:

tesmith2112
A bit embarrassed to admit this, but I hadn't even thought of the RWG shop! Usually when I scroll down, I head straight to the dealer's forums.

The heck with Ebay then! :fme:

My first kit was the one you're looking at from E'Bay, Amazon sells the same one. The micro screw drivers are good, but the pin pusher tool is terrible. Mine broke after about a month of use. I would buy from the RWG shop for sure.

twall

I bought one of those kits. It's an expensive hammer. The rest is what you'd expect for that kinda money (read: JUNK).

Don't waste your time or money.

Timeisntmoney
Searching for watch tools from Ebay returns results for these 18pc watch repair tool set from HK, China, Singapore...etc.

Has anyone bought these, and are they worth it?

I'd like to learn to tinker with my reps, or at the least to adjust my bracelet.

Here's an example of one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/18-1-Watch-Repair-T...=item230ceadf9c

You cant really go wrong for the money.. Maybe find a kit without that case opener and swap it for a sticky ball opener.. Or get both :Whistle:

Obviously you get what you pay for but its a good start.