Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Silly watch questions

greg_r

We haven't had one of these threads for a while, so I thought it was about time.

This one found in the shoutbox at RWI:

Q: I have recently purchased panerai luminor gmt auto & large second hand wont work ?any ideas

A: The "large" second hand? The one with the arrowhead tip? That's the GMT hand, not the seconds hand.

( I could hear hoolie's eyes rolling right out of his head as he typed that answer). :)

Any more good ones recently?

AustinTech

THere is always the question about the big chrono hand not constantly running - nevermind the seconds hand is on one of the subdials - IT ISN"T WORKING!

How about - "Is my rep rolex submariner waterproof to the depth on the dial?"

KBH

My stem is stuck and can't set the time.

It's a screw in crown, you idiot!

--------------------------------

I just got a new watch and it's not working. Is the battery dead?

greg_r
My stem is stuck and can't set the time.

It's a screw in crown, you idiot!

--------------------------------

I just got a new watch and it's not working. Is the battery dead?

:)

alphakazi

My watch has a 6497 which I think is broken. It will run for a little bit and then just stops. No matter how much I shake it, it doesn't work!

KinCaidk
Hi all,

I fucked up and over bleached the insert that came with my Submariner 1680.

I've searched everywhere but I don't seem to find any recommendations.

This is one I found on the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-VIN...id=p3286.c0.m14

What do you think?

KinCaidk

Today at RWI:

Q: Hi there.

Hope someone there can help me.

How am I to set the time on my Sea dweller. I have tryed to spin the wheel on the right side of the watch but nothing happens?

I can see the clock is ticking but the date and hour is wrong.

Is there something I am missing?

A:

The thing on the right side of the watch is called the crown,

you should unscrew it by turning it counter-clockwise and then

you can gently pull it out (Gently) one "step" to set the date and two "steps" to set the time.

Good luck

Dr.Manhatten
Today at RWI:

Q: Hi there.

Hope someone there can help me.

How am I to set the time on my Sea dweller. I have tryed to spin the wheel on the right side of the watch but nothing happens?

I can see the clock is ticking but the date and hour is wrong.

Is there something I am missing?

A:

The thing on the right side of the watch is called the crown,

you should unscrew it by turning it counter-clockwise and then

you can gently pull it out (Gently) one "step" to set the date and two "steps" to set the time.

Good luck

haha good one

Member X

Oh dear...

JohnG
Hi.

I have three replica watches. One is a Rolex submariner (no, not the "best sub" :lol:) I got in Mexico City. The other two I bought from a non forum dealer before I joined replicageek. This is a great forum.

I just got a watch from "josh" and it came fast and all was well (it works good, looks REALLY nice and has a real "gen" feel to it). This is a "Panerai" 111h - the cheaper one. Anyway, I noticed something under the dial (thought I did, seems now it was on the crystal and it went away). But as I was looking at it, really up close, I noticed a smell from the watch.

I wiped the watch down, but nothing, still smelled. I did this several times to no avale. I think there is something wrong with it so i ifnally take the strap off (leather) and bath the watch with dish detergent. It STILL smells. I had all my friends smell it and they all smell something. Most say it smells like (this is the wierd part) like an unwashed penis. :0 I have some friends who say, no it not that smell, but most now agree with the penis smell.

I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. And it really bothers me. A girl at a party thought it looked amazing and wanted to try it on. I didn't want her to but she was nice and pretty. I gave it to her and she started looking close at the dial and crystal. Suddenly she made face and gave it back.

Has anyone here had this happen to them? Please I need help.

AllergyDoc
Hi.

I have three replica watches. One is a Rolex submariner (no, not the "best sub" :lol: ) I got in Mexico City. The other two I bought from a non forum dealer before I joined replicageek. This is a great forum.

I just got a watch from "josh" and it came fast and all was well (it works good, looks REALLY nice and has a real "gen" feel to it). This is a "Panerai" 111h - the cheaper one. Anyway, I noticed something under the dial (thought I did, seems now it was on the crystal and it went away). But as I was looking at it, really up close, I noticed a smell from the watch.

I wiped the watch down, but nothing, still smelled. I did this several times to no avale. I think there is something wrong with it so i ifnally take the strap off (leather) and bath the watch with dish detergent. It STILL smells. I had all my friends smell it and they all smell something. Most say it smells like (this is the wierd part) like an unwashed penis. :0 I have some friends who say, no it not that smell, but most now agree with the penis smell.

I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. And it really bothers me. A girl at a party thought it looked amazing and wanted to try it on. I didn't want her to but she was nice and pretty. I gave it to her and she started looking close at the dial and crystal. Suddenly she made face and gave it back.

:lol:

That can't be real.

greg_r
Hi.

I have three replica watches. One is a Rolex submariner (no, not the "best sub" :lol:) I got in Mexico City. The other two I bought from a non forum dealer before I joined replicageek. This is a great forum.

:rofl: I remember that one - no idea whether it's genuine or not, but hilarious anyway ^_^

hk45ca

ruby told me the other day she had a customer send a watch back because it wouldn't keep running. he got very belligerent with her making all kinds of threats saying she should be removed from the dealers list and she was a scammer. she told him that she had checked the watch before it was shipped and it was fine. he called her a lier and said every time he took it off it would quite running after a couple of days and it was faulty.

he had no clue it was an automatic and either had to be worn or wound to keep it going. she got the watch back and checked it, it was fine but she had to pay the shipping back to him.

i am afraid i couldn't have their job, i just don't have the patience for it. :lol:

where's robert? he should have some good ones!

greg_r

OMG.

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to live... :lol:

Luthier
OMG.

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to live... :lol:

Some?

Statistically, 87% of Earth population has IQ below 60.

Stupidity is the problem #1 in the world.

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Tell him to take the watch off of his dick. and wear it on his arm instead. Also, tell him that he needs to start taking baths as well.

greg_r
OMG.

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to live... :P

Some?

Statistically, 87% of Earth population has IQ below 60.

Stupidity is the problem #1 in the world.

Sure, but why do so many of them have to turn up on the watch boards? :D

KBH

<h3 class="first">problem with pam 005 logo</h3> icon_post_target.gifby wizardtiti on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:03 am

Hi everyone,

First, sorry about the crappy English, I have a problem with sequence of tenses.

I just bought a PAM 005 logo from a fellow member (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57423).

I received the watch this morning. I tried to wear it all morning but the hands didn't moved at all, so I tried to "shake" the watch very slowly. It made the hands moving, but as soon as I was stopping, the hands stopped moving as well. I did it several times including one time for 15 minutes in a row.

Does anyone has an idea of what's going on ? Is it broken ?

Thanks.

greg_r

:)

It's just plain sad how often that one shows up.......... :)

trailboss99

RWI:

* Report this post

SAFE REPLICA WEBSITES

New postby phm1 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:44 am

I'VE SEEN LIST OF SCAM WEBSITES TO STAY AWAY FROM. DOES ANYONE HAVE A LIST OF REPUTABLE REPLICA WEBSITES TO BUY WATCHES FROM???

picard_facepalm.jpg

Col.

greg_r

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You should just post that photo to the thread. LMAO!

P_Diddy

"How many times can I tap my Fiddy Crystal with a pen before it shatters"

Please advise :rofl:

trailboss99
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You should just post that photo to the thread. LMAO!

That's where I got the pic from :rofl:

It goes with my other Picard pic:

stattreck.png

The one I was going to post before goody goody AHW moved to to the Flame Free Zone was this:

IrritatedatStupidity.jpg

Realy, they have had more than their fair share of dumb noobs of late. I have no problems at all in answering noobish questions. I get a cpl of dozen noob PMs there a week but the last batch of RWI noobs have been, well, a special kind of stupid.

Col.

trailboss99
Want to get a watch lumed, but I know Vac is in the states and so are all the other modders who do lume jobs.

Are there any lumers in Canada?

Um, Ziggy? ifyouseekay should know better by now.

Col.

Member X

Ziggy seems to have very strict rules on who he'll do work for!

I tried to PM him but I wasn't allowed :D lol