Sign in to follow this  
anthonyd

Tips for using this tool

anthonyd

Anyone here got one of these tools:

http://shop.homage-watches-guide.com/index...p;productId=132

I am interested in knowing how you use it to remove a bezel? Are there any tips involved or do you just mount the wedge shaped blades on each side, guide them into the space between the bezel and case and crank down?

Ollifl

It's the same as rear but from the side, the important thing is to lubricate the tool tip and be gentle

jeffw69
It's the same as rear but from the side, the important thing is to lubricate the tool tip and be gentle

That's what she said, LOL

:dingleberry-nemesis:

trailboss99

Pretty much as you said mate. Locate the blades under the bezel with a bit of lube (silicon grease will do nicely) and screw down.

Just make sure it's a bezel that comes off! The ones on the subc for example do not.

anthonyd
Just make sure it's a bezel that comes off! The ones on the subc for example do not.

What about the skyland? There seems to be a bit of onfusion as to whether or not this bezel come off. I have one that I want to firm up the srping a bit on (makes a tinny soudn when you tap it on top).

And yes I have tried the detal floss trick which helped a bit but now it turns easily for about 270 degrees then gets stiff for 90, so another reason to remove the bezel is to get rid of that dental floss - that and the fact that I want to try out my cool new tool :dingleberry-nemesis:

trailboss99

AFIK it does but I'd ask a Breit expert (which I am not) before trying.