Sign in to follow this  
KinCaidk

Value of gen tudor movement

KinCaidk

Hi Guys,

Maybe you can help with this.

I've got this beautiful genuine tudor movement (Prince date, 25 jewels) that I am considering to sell, as I don't really have any use for it.

It's in perfect running order, but the stem is missing (should be quite easy to find)

I am about to send it in for a complete service.

What is it worth?

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics! I will try to get my brother do take some more detailed ones soon.

greg_r

Not my area of expertise so I have no idea whether this is representative or not, but I saw one on eBay recently for about £250

trailboss99

NFI, but when you do find out I may be interested. Allways wanted to build a nice franken Tudor and that would be a good start.

Col.

KinCaidk
Not my area of expertise so I have no idea whether this is representative or not, but I saw one on eBay recently for about £250

I would probably let it go for that.

NFI, but when you do find out I may be interested. Allways wanted to build a nice franken Tudor and that would be a good start.

Col.

We could make a trade :lol:

trailboss99

That leaves me out for the time being :lol:

Col.

KinCaidk

That leaves me out for the time being :lol:

Col.

You would naturally get it cheaper.

as I said. We can maybe trade something ;)

trailboss99

Mate, ATM i have nooooothing you could posibily want approching anywhere near the value of that MVT.

Col.

KinCaidk
Mate, ATM i have nooooothing you could posibily want approching anywhere near the value of that MVT.

Col.

you never know. And besides, I didn't pay £250 for it.

KBH

Kinky,

AFAIK, that's a 2824-2 Eta. Takes a regular Eta stem. That would be pretty sweet in a Frankenjust with a gen Tudor dial.

HHMMMMM!

KinCaidk
Kinky,

AFAIK, that's a 2824-2 Eta. Takes a regular Eta stem. That would be pretty sweet in a Frankenjust with a gen Tudor dial.

HHMMMMM!

It's not a 2824-2. I don't remember the exact model. But I'll write it here, when I come home.

Luthier

Tudors now use movements from ETA, in the Prince a modded ETA 2824-2. And I believe it's solid 18K gold. In the older Day-date they used a AS1882/83 newer ones ETA modded 2834-2, Chronographs use Valjoux 7750.

KBH

I always thought the Prince and the DJ shared the same case. Apparently not. It seems they are a mm smaller and have 19mm lugs rather than 20.

There goes my plan of making a Gen and selling it for big bucks.