Sign in to follow this  
ZyBeR

Best replica of Breitling - Montbrillant Datora?

ZyBeR

Hi there,

I'm interested in the Montbrilliant Datora, after searching the net a few days I have found a couple of versions of the watch. Two of them that looks good, one really good IMHO.

Best I found is this:

7686cd8e978cb30414e2ebc60cfada96.image.733x550.jpg

35d819fdf9195c2cc2b62a2ae1d7daf1.image.733x550.jpg

ac2d6acfc69c58279713eb05a5448847.image.733x550.jpg

1cad7e7ad8bce2b10710b4afdeccd7aa.image.733x550.jpg

More info here

2nd good one with a better price tag:

Sorry but these guys uses an image loading script so I can't link in the images. Just click on the link below.

More info here

Has anyone ordered from watch88.com or swisswatcheszone.com before?

watch88.com has some crazy cheap watches under "Asian Replicas" we are talking ~€50/each! How bad can those ones be?

Can you guys please advice me on witch one to get, perhaps you know any even better replicas I should get instead?

Thanks!!

trailboss99

Ahh, the first looks good because it's a gen photo! About $100 over priced for a good one and prob 200 for the one you will recive.

The second site is still $322 which is too much. Both sites are full of lies, it won't be a Swiss 7750 for starters as that MVT is worth more than they want for the watch. It is not 316L SS, no rep is and even the gen isn't. Only Rolex use 316L. It doesn't have have DBL AR but neither does the gen.It in fact has no AR at all! Look at the photos far too much reflection for AR.. It won't have 2 yrs warrenty, the site won't be around in 2 years.

The above applies to both sites. Both are full of lies and false infomation and should not be trusted! Please have a look HERE at our list of recomended dealers to find ones you can trust to deliver the watch you want at a price that is reasonable and of good quality.

Col.

greg_r

Welcome to the board!

I agree with every word of what Col said. The first photo looks great because it's a gen - trust me, if you ordered the watch you'd get nothing like that.

Try contacting one or two of the dealers on our Trusted Dealer List to see what's available.

ZyBeR

Thanks for the heads up guys!

So whats a reasonable price to pay for a replica Breitling Montbrilliant Datora SS?

Are there many different replica versions out there?

I like the design of it but I'm open minded, do you know any other similar watches that are of good quality?

KinCaidk

Have a look around this site: http://www.jpc8118.com/

lot's of inspiration there. And he is a trusted dealer here, so you won't go far wrong.

greg_r

I'm no Breit expert, but I believe there's only one upmarket (i.e. with the 7750 movement rather than quartz or with fake chronos) version of the Datora at present. Josh sells it for about $350, but you may get it cheaper from PrestigeWatchco or Mary (all three are on our dealer list).

I should probably mention that the asian 7750 movement can be a little fragile - it's in a fairly reliable configuration in that particular watch and you'll probably get years of good use out of it before you need to get it serviced, but it pays not to hand-wind it and to make sure you don't adjust the date while the time is set between 8pm and 4am.

As far as alternatives go, I'm more of a Panerai guy, so I'll let the Breit fans chime in as they may, but most of the Breitling models are available - the Super Avenger, Navitimer and SuperOcean models all seem to have been well replicated.

P_Diddy

that is one BUSY dial, too many things going on at the same time for me :rofl:

AllergyDoc
that is one BUSY dial, too many things going on at the same time for me

+1

Luthier
that is one BUSY dial, too many things going on at the same time for me ;)

Chicks will think you're astronaut at least (oh, that's serious shit on his wrist...), so... it's a plus.

:thumbsup:

AllergyDoc
Chicks will think you're astronaut at least (oh, that's serious shit on his wrist...), so... it's a plus.

Right. And when they ask you what the numbers are for and how you use the dial, you can say "It's technical."

Luthier

Right. And when they ask you what the numbers are for and how you use the dial, you can say "It's technical."

No, you'd say- it's classified.

And... the only number the chick will ask you is... "how many inches in your... tool..."

;)

onzenuub

From Joshua:

6ar.jpg

P_Diddy

it reminds me the circle protractor I used in junior maths for calculating angles ;)

that is one BUSY dial, too many things going on at the same time for me :irish_dance:

trailboss99
it reminds me the circle protractor I used in junior maths for calculating angles :Jumpy:

Actualy it's a circular slide rule for caculating distance/time to waypoint, fuel burn rate, range, rate of climb/descent, estimated time of arrival etc as well as normal mathamatical caculations. Actualy quite usefull if you know how to use it.

For a copy of the instructions on how to use it see HERE

Disclaimer: Should be obvious but, NEVER use a rep watch slide rule for critical calculations!

Col.

phaedo
Disclaimer: Should be obvious but, NEVER use a rep watch slide rule for critical calculations!

Col.

I understand that's how Apollo 13 really got into the trouble it did.

phaedo
It is not 316L SS, no rep is and even the gen isn't. Only Rolex use 316L.

Col.

Um, isn't it 904 that Rolex use, and the reps we get are 316?

greg_r

Col.

Yup. Rolex use 904, various other gens use 440L. Reps use 316 or (decent cheapies) 220.

trailboss99

Col.

Yup. Rolex use 904, various other gens use 440L. Reps use 316 or (decent cheapies) 220.

:rofl:

Brain blank :Whistle:

Col.

greg_r
:Whistle:

alphakazi
it reminds me the circle protractor I used in junior maths for calculating angles :D

Actualy it's a circular slide rule for caculating distance/time to waypoint, fuel burn rate, range, rate of climb/descent, estimated time of arrival etc as well as normal mathamatical caculations. Actualy quite usefull if you know how to use it.

For a copy of the instructions on how to use it see HERE

Col.

good advice - Even a gen navi wouldn't be fun calculating anything in flight

IMG_7375.jpg

CX2, then E6B and if you're on a failing streak.... a mini circular slide rule would be better than a kick in the ass

as kinky says, Rob has the deal @ $239 - if you're an existing customer, look into his wholesale pricing and you'll probably get it somewhat cheaper - I think it's a beaut!