Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

BoneyJR's Code Yellow, LOVE IT!!!

MikeMcNair

So Jay (boneyJR) came to my house/"workshop" last week and wanted his code yellow to be closer to gen than it was. You see; the rep has a yellow tipped chrono hand, the gen is fully yellow....

Rep before......

90f4c68f.jpg

Gen....

09038cba.jpg

So, I painted the hand yellow. Simple, elegant, and perfect IMO....

0dfa14c4.jpg

And since I had the LUME mixed up for the chrono hand, I did all the dots too....

d4065a86.jpg

11af7b4f.jpg

243af77f.jpg

967330f5.jpg

Full LUME shot just for kix....

63c36c54.jpg

This was a simple thing that made a huge difference IMO, but only the client can tell if it's a worth while mod!

Regardless, I'm pleased with it, and I did mess up one tiny thing, which I will fix, once he notices it :(

bubbaa

Looks fantastic Mike! :(

houndoggie

Nice!

dave47

Beautiful mod, mike! Changes in its appearance are just amazing!

dave

So Jay (boneyJR) came to my house/"workshop" last week and wanted his code yellow to be closer to gen than it was. You see; the rep has a yellow tipped chrono hand, the gen is fully yellow....

Rep before......

90f4c68f.jpg

Gen....

09038cba.jpg

So, I painted the hand yellow. Simple, elegant, and perfect IMO....

0dfa14c4.jpg

And since I had the LUME mixed up for the chrono hand, I did all the dots too....

d4065a86.jpg

11af7b4f.jpg

243af77f.jpg

967330f5.jpg

Full LUME shot just for kix....

63c36c54.jpg

This was a simple thing that made a huge difference IMO, but only the client can tell if it's a worth while mod!

Regardless, I'm pleased with it, and I did mess up one tiny thing, which I will fix, once he notices it :(

anthonyd

Looks good Mike, can I ask what paint you used? I scratched the paint on the small chrono hands on my skyland. I am toying with just ordering another had set on my next order from Mary, but I would also like to see if I can remove the existing paint and just repaint them.

MikeMcNair
Nice!

Thabks guys!! This was supposed to be an hr job while he and I shot the shit, but of course, while there is someone there to talk to I work SLOW, cause I tend to be "chatty"....

So as Jay said, and hr turned into a week (well, almost) and while I feel bad about that, I feel good about tue result (sans the MINOR flaw).

My GF wore the watch from Sunday afternoon until she shipped it overnight for me to Jay, which was almost 24 hrs, and she said she wants one now! Which of course is Jay's fault!!!

Frankly, I want one too, it's just nice, clean, and while it's a chrono, it still looks clean as hell!

MikeMcNair
Looks good Mike, can I ask what paint you used? I scratched the paint on the small chrono hands on my skyland. I am toying with just ordering another had set on my next order from Mary, but I would also like to see if I can remove the existing paint and just repaint them.

If yellow, krylon "shortcuts" in 2-4oz bottles are the key. Red, black, white, yellow. Those are the colors I would and do frequently from them.

It's the application that makes it nice. Use a toothpick and allow the meniscus to form on the hand or lume dot/line, then go back and clear off excess with the other end of the toothpick.

It's an acquired thing, gotta do it a bit and you'll get it down pat!

wat44

dave - can you repost all the pics again for me?

MikeMcNair
dave - can you repost all the pics again for me?

Give him a break bro, he's a hair older than you and I :(

wat44

why dont you move to Oz, Mike? We need someone like you down here!!!

crossbones

great work!

i want one of these soo bad!

MikeMcNair

WAT; I'd love to!!!

CROSSB, you and my GF are going nuts over this thing! And me too!! It's effing hot!!!!

boneyjr

When I find the flaw I will make sure to post pics to end this love fest!! Haha... Thanks mike, I am sure it perfect. Can't wait to see it.

MikeMcNair
When I find the flaw I will make sure to post pics to end this love fest!! Haha... Thanks mike, I am sure it perfect. Can't wait to see it.

It's flawed, but nothing that a human would see :boobies3: but yes, we will meet up again and I SWEAR, that will be a TRUE 15 min fix ;)

In the interim, enjoy, as my old lady didnt want to ship it she loved it so much!!!!!

Del

Great job Mike! B) Very neat lume dots......impressed I am! :yoda:

I've always liked the Code Yellow, it's a great looking Breitling.

Wear it well boneyjr! :runner:

solkryssare

Awesome work. This one gives me a Fortis B-42 Alarm kinda feel. Which in my book is a bloody good thing!

MikeMcNair
Awesome work. This one gives me a Fortis B-42 Alarm kinda feel. Which in my book is a bloody good thing!

Watch was perfect, all functions tested, worn for almost 24 hrs during rigorous physical activity, and the fucking hand was off when it arrived at his doorstep today!

Fuck fed ex!!! So pissed!!!

seclark007

Gee Mike, I remember when you were attempting your first lume job! You have become an awesome asset to the board, and demonstrate some great skill.

Keep it up! :rofl:

MikeMcNair
Gee Mike, I remember when you were attempting your first lume job! You have become an awesome asset to the board, and demonstrate some great skill.

Keep it up! :D

Thank you! Very kind words indeed.

Luthier

Mike, you're our Hero!!!

:D