Sign in to follow this  
grinner

Ultimate PO vs. PloProf

grinner

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum and have been reading the older posts but have not found any that exactly answer my questions. I'm looking to get one of the latest PO and PloProf reps, but I'm not sure which is closest to gen at the moment. I've also pretty much settled on using Marvellous Replica as the dealer, but if you think another trusted dealer has a better watch at a better prices, let me know.

Questions:

1. Does the Ultimate PO come only in 45mm at the moment, or is there also a 42 mm version? I've only seen reviews of the 45. I would prefer to get the 42mm version, but I can manage 45 if need be.

2. Do the PO bracelets have standard friction pins or the friction pin/collar system of gen Omegas? I can handle either one, but frankly, the pin/collar system, while sturdier, is a bitch to replace.

3. Do the bracelets come with any half-links (like the gen)? I know from experience I need at least 1 half-link on an Omega bracelet to get it to fit.

4. Do any of the PloProf versions have a working bezel lock? I've seen references to older ones where this is not functional, but I'm not sure if it works on newer ones. How can I tell the difference from the pics?

5. Does the PloProf rubber strap/clasp work like a gen, where you can make minute adjustments to the size in the clasp? I have an older gen Omega rubber bracelet where you can do this, and it is quite nice in the Summer when the wrist swells.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers,

grinner

Distinct

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

Edited by Distinct

kolchak

!. 45 & 42. The 42 is supposed to be more accurate

2. I've adjusted several & removed the pins. I believe the collars are the tiny pieces that go shooting across the room

3. Mine have had one smaller link

grinner
!. 45 & 42. The 42 is supposed to be more accurate

2. I've adjusted several & removed the pins. I believe the collars are the tiny pieces that go shooting across the room

3. Mine have had one smaller link

Excellent. Thanks for the replies, guys. That answers all my questions, I think. And yes, the collars are the tiny pieces that go flying across the room. :)

Cheers.