Sign in to follow this  
jonnyboy

Vintage replicas

jonnyboy

1PC_204.jpg1EF_294.jpg

Is there a market or a dealer for replicas of cool vintage watches such as these? I've seen a guy wear a vintage 1950's rolex against a nice shirt, and wow that was something different.

Baldrick

137IWCVINTAGE1ZZ.jpg

210IWCFLIEGERUHR3.jpg

068JLCREVEIL2.jpg

361LONGINESHISTORIC2.jpg

312LONGINESLINDBERGH.jpg

144OMEGACLASSICDRESS2.jpg

PICT0111copy.jpg

110OMEGADeVILLELOZENGE3.jpg

319PIAGETULTRAPLATRG1.jpg

Member X

Great pics, as always :lol:

The longines - are they actually reps??

opus9

Nice pics Balders, love the Omega 144. The problem with the old vintage watches generally though is size..most look insanely small compared to contemporary versions...38mm just looks tiny!!

Baldrick

Yes X, they're reps.

@opus9, yeah, with case sizes getting ever larger, they do appear small, however all the indicators are pointing towards a growing trend and resurgence of classically styled smaller watches :lol:

flamagic

What the vintage models lack in size, they make up in elegance. I love my vintage watches ( I collect vintage American watches - mostly Hamiltons (considered by most watch guys to be America'a Patek Philippe). You get used to the small size quickly. Particularly if you wear suits - they slide nicely under your cuff...

endicott.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

k-402ws.jpg

Dan

Member X
Yes X, they're reps.

@opus9, yeah, with case sizes getting ever larger, they do appear small, however all the indicators are pointing towards a growing trend and resurgence of classically styled smaller watches B)

Thanks Baldrick, I thought that was the case but I thought I would check :)

They are rarely spotted so I'm not sure they're still made if they were made when you TTK was around!

I am unconvinced by this apparent return to smaller watches. I think we will see a reduction in size from the monster 50mm+ that some have reached, but I don't think we will ever see the return of 36mm watches. The world is bigger and brassier nowadays, people aren't afraid to make a more obvious statement, and I don't think that a small group of elitist fashion industry 'experts' can influence society to that great a degree. Yes, clothes trends filter down from catwalks etc, but watches just seem like a different ballgame (IMHO). :)

opus9

I too have a vintage watch and love it.However I have to agree with x here,I cant ever see myself wearing a 36mm compared to a 44mm which has a little more presence on the wrist.I can see why someone would wear a vintage because it's a vintage,but I doubt any one actually wears one because of its small size.

SAM_0049.jpg

Baldrick

I don't think they'll come down to 36mm, but 40mm will prolly be more common, as for "a small group of elitist fashion industry 'experts' can influence society". can't agree with you, these people are not 'fashion' experts, they're more concerned with style, which is entirely different, plus they don't need to influence society, only horologists. :)

Member X

I disagree with any person who nominates themself as an expert, no matter what field :vomit::thumbsup2: lol

jonnyboy

Wow, some of those Omegas look amazing. Its a shame they're such small watches, but luckily I have wrists like a little girl :)

I shall check with Mary.

tommylad

Just to clarify:

If I sent pictures of any of those Baldrick models, the dealers couldn't find them any more right?

P4GTR

Why not just go gen? You can get a nice Seamaster or something for a few hundred bucks.

IMG_3448.jpg

tommylad

In my ignorance I didn't realise they were that cheap. I may well do that.

Dendo

Here is my gen Memovox - Baldrick's rep of this is nice.

IMG_6597.jpg

Mike 1108

Vintage gens are out there, but be careful - they are getting more expensive you can get a nice Omega for $400-$500.

Good luck.

tommylad

Have seen some for between £150 and £250. That's not bad. Plus, minor scratches don't matter because it's vintage.

James.

Check out chrono24.com there's oodles of vintage omegas, rollies et al on there and some can be quite cheap.

tommylad

Is it a reputable site. Are the Omegas from India etc all going to be real?

James.

Dunno mate, never bought, yet.

ebzen02

Baldy and his Wonderful TTK-sque pics:) Can we still source the JLC?

ricou2273

Hello,

Wonderfull collection !!!

Where did you catch the jaegger lecoultre memovox replica ?

Regards

Eric

box-850

Is it a reputable site. Are the Omegas from India etc all going to be real?

Hi. I have been an avid collector of vintage Gens for a long while now & would advise that you are careful when buying from India there are do not get me wrong a few genuine dealers but also a lot that sell franken watches with parts transplanted from others. So I advise caution if you don't know what to look for.

A few of my current collection & agree most are tiny by today's dinner plate standards :D

DSCF1087-1.jpg

Edited by box-850

Member X

Great collection there, box :)