mark76

Starting new topic from "Super Rep".

Luthier

OK, start.

:)

mark76
OK, start.

Mary's photo's look great, but the other site, http://www.asiakrono.com/omega/seamaster/omega_164.htm , doesn't look bad either, although I get the sense it's not as high of quality. It's more then half off though, and I doubt I can get good "Seamaster-Type" movement for $110. I'm checking to see if she takes PayPal. She keeps mentioning bank transfer but hasn't given the info to do it.

Luthier

Didn't you read it's quartz mov't? And it mean case/bracelet/everything else wouldn't be same quality, as for auto.

I always pay WU to Mary, less problems and much faster.

mark76
Didn't you read it's quartz mov't? And it mean case/bracelet/everything else wouldn't be same quality, as for auto.

Yes, I saw it was the quartz movement as well. As was looking at a watch that is the same price at a site that connects off of her site and has free shipping, I'm gonna ask about it but I assume it's not hers. If Western Union is the way to go, I'll do that then. I've done it to Mexico and the like in the pass, so hopefully I can do it online to China. Thanks for helping out! This makes it easier.... I mean, it looks like a good product, and people keep saying good things about Mary, so I'll go for it.

I purchased a "real" tag a few weeks ago and it has me on the watch fever again... and knowing I won't be getting a real Omega without my wife getting REALLY upset, I've realized it's going to be some years before I can manage to justify getting a real one. I love the Rolex Seadweller I have, but I think most people know I won't be wearing a $6K+ watch.

mark76

She just wrote:

The ems shipping cost to USA is $28. it takes about 6~7 days, and we can track it online.

After payment, pls send your name,address and phone number to me.

The total amount is $279.3($238+$28+5%paypal cost)

She hasn't given me the paypal info though. Uhg.

Luthier

I'm talking to her right now, will ask.

mark76
I'm talking to her right now, will ask.

Oh, I talked to her and she gave it to me. I plan on sending the funds over in about an hour. Thanks for the offer! What are you looking for?

Luthier

I have 50+ reps already, not looking for anything, maybe for just a few...

Pob
I love the Rolex Seadweller I have, but I think most people know I won't be wearing a $6K+ watch.

Who the fack cares what others will think just wear what ever you like :)

mark76

Very nice... there must be some nice quality out there if you have that many. I've always wanted to get into it more, but my luck has been so hit and miss in the past. I have high hopes for this Seamaster.... Mary's name came up the most but I never had any "referrals" from anybody, so I decided to test my luck. Have you bought a lot from her? Does she have a good selection? She was out of Speedmasters and didn't have access to Tag Heuer Aqua Racer. What is your best rep, you think?

mark76
I love the Rolex Seadweller I have, but I think most people know I won't be wearing a $6K+ watch.

Who the fack cares what others will think just wear what ever you like :)

I agree with you... I wear it out when I'm on the town or too a nice dinner or show, but generally I don't. My Tag is more practial, more comfortable, and in my "real" price range. Also, when I get a rep of which, I really REALLY starting wanting the real thing. I love Rolex's, but even if I had the money I just wouldn't buy one. They are great watches, but there is just a point where the price of the watch totally exceeds it's value and you are paying for a name. My dad paid just over $100 for his when he was in Vietnam, and even adjusting for inflation it would retail for WAY less than they actually do now.

The Omega I have been looking for.... I actually want and is "feasible", so maybe I'll start working towards that in the future. Maybe won't have to, if the rep of it is as good of quality as I'd like it to be.

Luthier

Very nice... there must be some nice quality out there if you have that many. I've always wanted to get into it more, but my luck has been so hit and miss in the past. I have high hopes for this Seamaster.... Mary's name came up the most but I never had any "referrals" from anybody, so I decided to test my luck. Have you bought a lot from her? Does she have a good selection? She was out of Speedmasters and didn't have access to Tag Heuer Aqua Racer. What is your best rep, you think?

Referrals??? On Mary??? Are you kidding me, mate? Mary is one of the best dealers here. Robert, Mary and MR the only 3 I'd recommend to anyone. You have to read her feedback section. Yes, about 75% of my reps are from Mary, rest from Robert.

Quality is superb, never had any problems. But again - read her feedbacks.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=76

Here's my SMP from Mary, with correct HE valve location:

SMP.jpg

SMP-2.jpg

02-15.jpg

04-11.jpg

mark76

Referrals??? On Mary??? Are you kidding me, mate? Mary is one of the best dealers here. Robert, Mary and MR the only 3 I'd recommend to anyone. You have to read her feedback section. Yes, about 75% of my reps are from Mary, rest from Robert.

Quality is superb, never had any problems. But again - read her feedbacks.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=76

Here's my SMP from Mary.

SMP-2.jpg

02-15.jpg

04-11.jpg

Man, it is totally beautiful!! I mean, really good looking! I'm glad you have bought a similar one, so I can see and hear how it is! How do you like it? (Dumb question). How is the feel and movement compared to the real one? Anything you don't like? Is it water resistant (I won't be swimming in mine, but I don't want to ruin it buy forgetting to take it off when I hop in the shower or something). The bracelet looks good and sturdy from what I can see.

What I meant with "referrals" is that nobody "recommended" her to me outright when I asked for an opinion on a good reputable dealer (nobody recommended anybody).... at least not up til the last minute. I mean, I'm sure all of the dealers listed probably have good products, but there is always a dealer (or 3) that is going to have BETTER reps or better selection than the others, not to mention fair prices and reliability.

chinabee

There are no good seamaster reps right now- they all have obvious flaws. Mary's is probably the best you can get as far as I know.

I personally feel for the reps, you should go with as little complication as possible. So a date is the most I would go.

Luthier
Man, it is totally beautiful!! I mean, really good looking! I'm glad you have bought a similar one, so I can see and hear how it is! How do you like it? (Dumb question). How is the feel and movement compared to the real one? Anything you don't like? Is it water resistant (I won't be swimming in mine, but I don't want to ruin it buy forgetting to take it off when I hop in the shower or something). The bracelet looks good and sturdy from what I can see.

Yes, it's great watch, thanks. The only thing I don't like is that "happy feet" on logo, everything else is, practically, perfect.

I never tried to swim with watch, so, no idea about waterproofing, but you can use some grease on the caseback gasket and O-ring, and it would be perfectly OK. Ofcourse, you have to test it before diving.

houndoggie

Yes, it's great watch, thanks. The only thing I don't like is that "happy feet" on logo, everything else is, practically, perfect.

I never tried to swim with watch, so, no idea about waterproofing, but you can use some grease on the caseback gasket and O-ring, and it would be perfectly OK. Ofcourse, you have to test it before diving.

Happy feet is correct for printed logos. Only applied metal logos do not have happy feet on modern Omega watches.

mark76
There are no good seamaster reps right now- they all have obvious flaws. Mary's is probably the best you can get as far as I know.

I personally feel for the reps, you should go with as little complication as possible. So a date is the most I would go.

Hmm... I wonder if I should switch to just the date complication model instead... I already ordered but I may be able to change it. I don't want any problems with the other complications.

Luthier

If the watch you ordered has seconds subdial at 9, you'll have no problems.

mark76
If the watch you ordered has seconds subdial at 9, you'll have no problems.

it appears to... it looks the same as the original, and all subdials work.

Luthier

Then buy it and enjoy, mate!

mark76
Then buy it and enjoy, mate!

Good, good... if it is the exact layout as the true Omega, it is in the 9 o'clock position. I don't need the chronograph, it's just that model is the one that struck me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69870363@N08/6346587376/

Takken

Don't worry I have ordered the same watch (Seamaster Pro Chrono.) with seconds at 9 o'clock at Mary, there will be no problems.

mark76
Don't worry I have ordered the same watch (Seamaster Pro Chrono.) with seconds at 9 o'clock at Mary, there will be no problems.

Good to know, thanks! What do you think of it? I believe Mary received it yesterday and is sending it out today.

mark76

anybody have an idea of what movement it uses? I'm sure its a Chinese copy, but I'm curious if anyone knows what it's based off of, or if anybody has taken theirs apart to see if it has a movement name or anything like that. I took my rep submariner movement out, and there isn't any marking of any kind on it.