Sign in to follow this  
tommylad

[PIC Heavy] IWC Ti GST Chronograph

tommylad

I'll post some feedback in the member to member sales feedback section as well.

I was very excited to hear a package had arrived for me at work today because I knew exactly what it was - the IWC Ti GST Chronograph I had been lucky enough to buy from Seanusmaximus on Friday night. He posted the watch for sale and after a stressful two hours and thinking I'd missed out I finally pulled the trigger. It took one day to deliver and Sean has been helpful and honest throughout.

And so, to the watch...

As soon as I opened it I couldn't wait to put it on and even my watch illiterate workmates mentioned how nice it looked. I bought it for £175 and it was sold with some scuff marks, which, it turns out, are minor and repairable. Apart from that, it is in excellent shape and, being an out of production rep, is particularly rare and well worth the price.

I love it so much it's going to be very difficult for my other reps to get a look in. I feel really lucky to have it. I may consider polishing out the scuff marks and making it a bit of a Franken watch (dial, date wheel and movement), although I don't have the first clue where to start.

It looks great with a suit but you'll have to make do with some quick photos.

So here are the pics as it stands:

016-3.jpg

019-4.jpg

020-2.jpg

Some of the marks on the bracelet (these are the worst ones and they aren't bad at all)

025.jpg

015-3.jpg

032.jpg

036.jpg

033.jpg

Tommy.

Luthier

Nice and rare watch, enjoy, Tommy!!!

g.man

Brave man that wears a titanium bracelet.

nice watch though

g.man

admiralsas

Very very very awesome watch. I love it. I wish there was a way to put a leather strap on it.

pollux1

Looks fantastic mate! IIRC there is a pen thingy on ebay that removes marks from Ti. The dial if it were me I'd post a WTB for. The movement is gonna have to be from concepta although who's ever going to see it so why not go for a ETA7750 instead?

tommylad
Looks fantastic mate! IIRC there is a pen thingy on ebay that removes marks from Ti. The dial if it were me I'd post a WTB for. The movement is gonna have to be from concepta although who's ever going to see it so why not go for a ETA7750 instead?

Thanks for the advice Pollux. I'll bear it all in mind.

Tommy

NFleischer

Congrats; I have a Ti on rubber. very nice watches