Sign in to follow this  
Lacidious

Greetings! I'm new at this. Please help me tell my wife which rep to buy me for xmas, under $200.

Lacidious

Hi all, thanks for a great site!

Here's the deal, I've been wanting to get one of these reps for a long time ...my wife wants to buy me one for Christmas, but we don't have a lot of $$$. So I'm looking for a decent quality replica for under $200.

I like Tags, and I am fond of Rolex, however I think people will find it hard to believe a Rolex is real. :) I'm not married to any one particular "brand".

I've been looking over at Trusty Time, but I'm really not sure what to do. I know there are different movements, and casings and what not you are supposed to look for when buying these, and I'm not entirely sure if I can even find a watch like this that's not going to crap out on me within a years time for under $200.

One I had looked at on TT was http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=3780 ....I would prefer it have a working chrono if it has the feature.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Aren

Welcome, Welcome!

You are lucky and found a great forum. Any of our Trusted Dealers would be fine.

My suggestion is to read up alot on this site and look at the photos of members watches.

A really great place is the weekly wrist check.

Lots of great photos there.

I personally prefer the members photos.

I like to see the actual watches they got and read their reviews.

Look at dealer feedback and see who you are comfortable with for your first purchase.

Hold onto your Credit Cards...rep collecting is an addiction in the making.

Congrats of finding this great place and enjoy your time here.

All the Best

Arenaria

:)

houndoggie

Chanel J12 33mm ceramic from prestigewatchco... $79 shipped.

THIS IS THE BEST REP AT THIS PRICE. PERIOD.

Chanel J12 33mm ceramic from prestigewatchco... $79 shipped.

THIS IS THE BEST REP AT THIS PRICE. PERIOD.

oops.. thought you meant for the wife.

For $208, you can get the Breitling Skyland Avenger V3. A great, great rep.

Del

Hello and welcome! :)

Marvellous Replica have the Panerai 111M for $178 plus shipping - superlume, clear AR, great rep, superb deal IMHO!

Check their section on here. :thumbsup:

jeffw69
Hello and welcome! :)

Marvellous Replica have the Panerai 111M for $178 plus shipping - superlume, clear AR, great rep, superb deal IMHO!

Check their section on here. :thumbsup:

a PAM, nooooooooooo!!!!

LOL

Lacidious

Thanks so much for the quick responses! Is there a certain movement I should be looking for, or I should stay away from, or doesn't it really matter? I'm about to go knee-deep in all this good info. :)

myaz

I'm not sure whether you mean people will find it hard to believe you could have a Rolex or whether the Rolex will look real.

If the latter, Rolexes, such as the submariner or DSSD, as well as the brand Panerai, tend to be some of the best replicated watches for the least cost.

You would be amazed how good they look and feel.

I would recommend to get anything stainless and stay away from gold plated.

Good luck.

myaz
Thanks so much for the quick responses! Is there a certain movement I should be looking for, or I should stay away from, or doesn't it really matter? I'm about to go knee-deep in all this good info. :)

For best reliability, go quartz.

Some movements with lots of dials to move around can have reliability issues.

Find out more by reading this thread on movements.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

fe22ari

Vicarious watch shopping. Love it!

Lacidious

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6769

You may wanna check these ones, plenty of reviews around this board about them.

Hi all, just thought I'd update you. I decided to cheap out and go with the above cheap Rolex Submariner. I have a 3 year old who cost me too much money this Christmas. :) In any case, I already received it, my wife let me have it early ...and it looks FANTASTIC for the price! The only way I can tell it's a replica is by the movement since I went with the cheapo version, and the clasp is different from a real Rolex.

The only issue I have noticed is the date seems to change twice a day rather than once ...maybe each time it hits 12? Not sure, I haven't watched closely enough yet.

I absolutely fell in love with some of the watches you all recommended, and I will be going a little more expensive next time for a better replica ...but hopefully this one lasts a while!

Thanks again!

Edited by Lacidious

Buds

Check out the Trusted Dealer Toro Bravo's board. He has a nice PAM 111 rep for $125 + shipping. That would be a lovely, inexpensive piece to start your collection with.

Oops, just realised you already got your watch. My bad :)

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

trailboss99

Too late buds. He bought allready :)

Thats why it pays to read the entire thread before replying.

Nice choice mate. Check the date again. Itshould be near impossibe for that to happen.