Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Another ebay special - PAM 111 Homage

Member X

Well, I'm pleased to say that I finally won this at a decent price after watching several go for slightly higher amounts!

Usual Asian 6497 movement with a somewhat different CG to usual, but I like it. It also solves the problem of floppy / imperfect PAM CGs lol

I also like the sandwich dial colour. I wear quite a lot of blue so it goes well with that, plus it's dark enough to almost look like a stealth dial from a distance, making the hands stand out well and the watch very easy to read, which is what I like. I can't be doing with this Breitling messiness! lol

See what you reckon anyway. If you hate it, I don't care ;) ;) lol :D

Well well, another exciting package through the post!

dscf1535.jpg

Looks familiar...

dscf1541n.jpg

But...

dscf1548.jpg

Could do with some AR imo

dscf1554h.jpg

Close up of that CG - the hex screws on the front are pure decoration!

dscf1550olm.jpg

Looks good in the sun though B)

dscf1574e.jpg

dscf1576.jpg

And is a nice size on the wrist - I think I could get into PAMs... (uh oh... LOL)

dscf1571f.jpg

As a side note, I had a fly past of this while taking pics!

dscf1555cr.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with it indeed. All the screws are done up tight, the finish on the watch is near perfect (only a small failure to get a perfect polish on the case, but it's by the lugs and you can't see it), the movement feels its usual quality self and it's keeping great time. The strap is a bit plasticky but sturdy enough, and the lume is the usual rep lume, but apart from that I love it :thumbsup:

houndoggie
Well, I'm pleased to say that I finally won this at a decent price after watching several go for slightly higher amounts!

Usual Asian 6497 movement with a somewhat different CG to usual, but I like it. It also solves the problem of floppy / imperfect PAM CGs lol

I also like the sandwich dial colour. I wear quite a lot of blue so it goes well with that, plus it's dark enough to almost look like a stealth dial from a distance, making the hands stand out well and the watch very easy to read, which is what I like. I can't be doing with this Breitling messiness! lol

See what you reckon anyway. If you hate it, I don't care B) ;) lol :D

As a side note, I had a fly past of this while taking pics!

dscf1555cr.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with it indeed. All the screws are done up tight, the finish on the watch is near perfect (only a small failure to get a perfect polish on the case, but it's by the lugs and you can't see it), the movement feels its usual quality self and it's keeping great time. The strap is a bit plasticky but sturdy enough, and the lume is the usual rep lume, but apart from that I love it :thumbsup:

Really nice.. funny because the CG resembles that Chinook.

Now, get a proper CG and it will be perfect.

AustinTech

Looks good! You have the right attitude towards watches, wear what you like, screw what other people think.

I like the blue. THe CG is pretty unique. All in all - I like it also.

greg_r

The CG and crown look kinda strange without anything resembling a lever. Go buy a proper CG from Jackson Tse and a decent strap from Tat & you'll have a pretty good cheapie PAM :thumbsup:

Member X

I did think that I might try the $10 CG and get it on there, just to see what it looked like, but I quite like being a bit different :thumbsup: lol

P_Diddy

funky CGs, what size watch is that?

Member X

44mm - from what I can tell it's pretty much a PAM with a different CG!

The_Monkey

I would bet that it's got little to no water resistance @ the crown. The lever on the PAM CG is supposed to actually push the crown in towards the case, thus putting pressure on an o-ring in the crown and creating a seal... without the lever there's not going to be any pressure, so the seal will be compromised. Most of the ebay homages went to this design after Panerai threw a hissy fit, sued a bunch of people, and got ebay to ban most of the big sellers.

I'd get a PAM CG.

Luthier

What brand is it?

;)

Member X

The ebay dealer is 'panjian' I think!

jameo210369

I like her X, she's different but that's what I like about her.

Good buy and great pics.

Thanks for sharing