Sign in to follow this  
deef

Rep noob from the States

deef

I thought I would finally make my first post!

I've been lurking and reading for a little while now and even pulled the trigger and ordered a DateJust II from Mary about a week ago (currently on it's way). Kind of pulled a noob move and got one with a TT band... but I'll be buying a leather band for it soon anyways.

I know very little about reps, but I get a lot of free time at work, so here I sit!

My current beater watch is an Orient CEM60002W. I'm surprised no one ever talks about this company. They have their own in house automatic movement (6 beats a sec) and they look nice to me. Plus I can afford them haha.

Looking to pick up a Breightling, A. Lange & Sohne, and an Omega at some point... but I have a bad feeling it won't stop at that!

myaz

Welcome...and spoken like a veteran. Enjoy the hobby.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse. be sure to check out the newbie link in my signature :popcorn:

jeffw69

Welcome!

Member X

Welcome aboard :)

Kiss goodbye to all your money once you realise how good the reps are! :)

deef

The first thing I did when coming to the forum was check out that noob faq. Don't want to look like "that guy" haha.

And yeah, I'm worried that these reps will be really nice.... I always seem to pick up expensive hobbies, first cars now this...

Del

Hello and welcome! :rofl:

Btw, spare time + RWG = spending lots of money on replica watches. You have been warned! :)

Luthier

Why no one talks about Orient? Because it's not a $5000-$20,000 watches, you can easily buy a gen for a few hundreds, and RWG is a REPLICA forum.

And for the same few hundreds you can buy great replica with movement, that beats 8 times per second, and Swiss made, not a japanese one.

So, why bother?

And about your "bad feeling"... It will be much worse, trust me, but when you'll get the parcel with new watch - it will go away. Money too.

:rofl:

greg_r

Welcome! Enjoy the DJ.

I agree with you btw - Orient make some very nice watches.

robznet

Welcome to the forum mate! Good to have you join us. BTW - Luthier's post above is 100% correct, you may need to cut up your credit card! :rofl:

Balad1

Welcome fellow American Bro.

deef

Yeah not just here.... seems like no one in America has an Orient watch. Must just be an Asian/EU thing. But I'm definitely excited to build up my Rep collection!

BTW Mary has made buying my first Rep extremely easy. She even told me what ones would be the best quality. I just got the 12J movement... but I wanted to feel out the whole rep thing before I spent a little more money.

I look forward to the fun :(

Balad1

Wise choice dealing with Mary, she's an excellent TD.