Sign in to follow this  
Del

Glasgow GTG.......tonight!!!

Del

Hi folks,

Hot on the heels of the recent GTG in the US, some of us are proposing to hold a GTG in Glasgow, Scotland on Wednesday 28th December! scotland-1646.gif

Exact details and venue have yet to be decided and will be dependent on the numbers likely to attend so, as a starting point, we'd like to get a list of names of those who will endeavour to attend. We really need an accurate view on likely numbers so please don't say you'll attend if you really have little intention to. :thumbsup2:

Possible venues in Glasgow City Centre, the West End and the South Side are being looked at. A private area might be reserved or we might simply "join with the body of the kirk" in a restaurant or bar - the committee will decide! :lol:

One point to note is that there is a Celtic v Rangers football match taking place on that evening (7:45pm kick-off) so it is possible that we could incorporate into the evening some time to watch the game on TV in a bar (this could be a real eye-opener for any visiting non-Weggies!) but the downside is that it could make some bars crowded/noisy/dangerous/a crime scene (!). If anyone has any concerns about the GTG taking place on this evening then please let me know. ;)

The RWG "Glasgow Mafia" are already signed up, plus Dendo (GTGwhore :lol:), but it would be "pure dead brilliant" if others could attend from the UK, EU, The World and even the USA! :D

Please post if you would like to attend and I will try to keep the following list up-to-date. Thanks! :thumbsup2:

1. Dendo - confirmed

2. Del - confirmed

3. Midasmook - confirmed

4. Aston - confirmed

5. Onionbag - confirmed

6. corv99 - confirmed

gottahaverolex

Unfortunately I can't make it during the week as I need to be here for my business. I've never been anywhere out of the US so this would have been great. I'm sure you'll all have a great time!

kaykay

Damnit! Wish I could join in, it's not THAT far from me. Unfortunately I'll be away that day and not even remotely close to anywhere in the UK.

I reserve the right to watch the football match elsewhere though, even though these derbies can turn into a proper UFC-event.

By the way, if this happens: Last time I was in Glasgow I went to The Butchershop Bar & Grill. Would recommend that place if you are not veggie B)

Cheers guys.

Member X

If I actually had any spare cash, I'd love to, but I is poor B) lol

WebWind

What? Glasgow? City full of riots?

opus9

Jesus a bunch of lads walking around Glasgow with Rolx, Pams, Breitlings etc...fook me that's gonna be a night when security will be busy!!

Tempus
Jesus a bunch of lads walking around Glasgow with Rolx, Pams, Breitlings etc...fook me that's gonna be a night when security will be busy!!

:rofl:

I'm overseas but would have come along ...... ;)

Del

;) @ WebWind

@ opus - there will be no problem walking around Glasgow with our watches. Nobody will mess with the RWG "Glasgow Mafia"! :rofl:

MarkA

Haha sounds like a recipe for disaster. Shame I can't make it up there, but it's a looong way from the Midlands (although any of our US friends used to travelling across America would probably think it was a day trip.)

greg_r

;)@Del & Opus.

Methinks you need to invite plenty of Big Egi owners, Del - at least then you'll have some decent weaponry on hand :rofl:

Buds

I'm a bit new around here but I'll see how the next few weeks go. I might be brave enough lol ;)

Edited by Buds

Del
Methinks you need to invite plenty of Big Egi owners, Del - at least then you'll have some decent weaponry on hand :rofl:

Dendo can bring his new PAM 187 - that looks a fair weight! ;)

@ Buds - don't be shy, if you can make it then why not come along! :D

solkryssare

The 28th is the perfect date for a thing like this. Just when you are about to go crazy from all the Christmas family shit, you get to unwind with watch lovers. perfect!

If you move this to Spain Im game! :lol:

SeanusMaximus
Haha sounds like a recipe for disaster. Shame I can't make it up there, but it's a looong way from the Midlands (although any of our US friends used to travelling across America would probably think it was a day trip.)

Not a long way at all mate! :lol: Im west mids - jump on the west coast mainline with virgin trains for £30 advance return and boom your in glasgow in 2hrs50mins from crewe! :D

Del - I will consider it... because I love glasgow....and want to see Dendo's new JLC.... :D

Though I must express my displeasure with football...im a Rugby man through and through :P

Del

@ Sol - maybe I will have a Madrid GTG sometime but for now it's just Glasgow! :D

@ Sean - it would be great if you could make it up. Keep me posted! :lol: (Wtf is rugby? :P)

Chiquita Fanjita
@ Sean - (Wtf is rugby? :P)

Its that game they play in the East with the funny shaped ball :D

Be good if you could make it along Sean :lol:

Mystery Shopper

Maybe it would be safer to hold the GTG in daylight hours- between 10 am and 1 pm perhaps!

g.man

I'd love to come chaps, but given my profession, unsurprisingly I'm working that night.

(I am not a male prostitute FYI)

g.man

Baldrick
Maybe it would be safer to hold the GTG in daylight hours- between 10 am and 1 pm perhaps!

:D

Aye, that's when all the rioters, gangsters, stab-merchants are still sleeping. no doubt dreaming about lifting a load of gear fae some drippy fake watch forum freaks.... :lol:

Del
I'd love to come chaps, but given my profession, unsurprisingly I'm working that night.

(I am not a male prostitute FYI)

g.man

Of course, Mr TV Cameraman! That's a bummer. :lol:

Let's see what happens - if other people can't make the 28th then perhaps we'll change to 27th or 29th and then perhaps that would work for you.

SeanusMaximus
I am not a male prostitute

Damn.....

solkryssare
I am not a male prostitute

Damn.....

Count me out then......

Member X

Not a long way at all mate! ;) Im west mids - jump on the west coast mainline with virgin trains for £30 advance return and boom your in glasgow 4000 years of evolution from crewe! :facepalm:

Fixed ;)

SeanusMaximus

Not a long way at all mate! ;) Im west mids - jump on the west coast mainline with virgin trains for £30 advance return and boom your in glasgow 4000 years of evolution from crewe! :facepalm:

Fixed :facepalm:

;).......

Baldrick
Not a long way at all mate! Im west mids - jump on the west coast mainline with virgin trains for £30 advance return and boom your in Glasgow 4000 years of evolution from Crewe which is still stuck firmly in the year -1989 BCE

There ya go chuck, fixed that fer ya ;)