Sign in to follow this  
Del

Glasgow GTG.......tonight!!!

2point

I'm interested.

My Mrs due to be working that night(she's a nurse before the wisecracks get in there) I'll try to get some badysitter cover forthe night. I work over Glasgow so can drop in after work.

Cheers

Graham

Del
I'm interested.

My Mrs due to be working that night(she's a nurse before the wisecracks get in there) I'll try to get some badysitter cover forthe night. I work over Glasgow so can drop in after work.

Cheers

Graham

Excellent Graham! I'll put you down as a maybe for now. ;)

g.man

Appreciate the sentiment Del, but don't go changing anything on my account. My work means I could be anywhere of a day. Regardless of when it is, I'll try and put in an appearance at some point much later in the evening.

Cheers

g.man

SeanusMaximus
Not a long way at all mate! Im west mids - jump on the west coast mainline with virgin trains for £30 advance return and boom your in Glasgow 4000 years of evolution from Crewe which is still stuck firmly in the year -1989 BCE

There ya go chuck, fixed that fer ya :rofl:

;)

tis a dump indeed :dingleberry-nemesis:

Del
Appreciate the sentiment Del, but don't go changing anything on my account. My work means I could be anywhere of a day. Regardless of when it is, I'll try and put in an appearance at some point much later in the evening.

Cheers

g.man

Ok g.man, understood. ;)

Corv99

I may be up for this as well as one recides in the Kingdom of newcastle, not a million miles away.

also i finish my job on 27th, have a gap before starting new one!!

just need to check a few thing's out, but sounds like a plan!

Corv99
:)@Del & Opus.

Methinks you need to invite plenty of Big Egi owners, Del - at least then you'll have some decent weaponry on hand ;)

could always carry one of Toro's Graham watches in a sock

Del
I may be up for this as well as one recides in the Kingdom of newcastle, not a million miles away.

also i finish my job on 27th, have a gap before starting new one!!

just need to check a few thing's out, but sounds like a plan!

Why aye man! ;) That would be great - keep me posted. :)

(I'll put you down as a maybe for now.)

onionbag

I'm very much looking forward to this, aside from meeting the guys I'll get to see some kwality reps!

Although I now live in a pretty village outside the city :P I'm a Weegie born and bred...can't wait to amble it's glittering boulevards, full of neds wi' schemie haircuts, jakies, halfwits, screaming harridans and auld men wi 'wee dugs. ;)

pollux1

If possible, put me down for a maybe too, I won't know until the 15-18th December if I can make it, will damn well try though.

richardm1142

Okay so someone is going to book the back room of The Giblet, but would our colonial cousins be ready for Mr Nesbitt and Mr Cotter to be our hosts?

onionbag

The Giblet is far too salubrious. I believe Del is scoping out The Royal Oak in Nitshill and the The Morvern Bar.

Del
I'm very much looking forward to this, aside from meeting the guys I'll get to see some kwality reps!

Me too! :popcorn:

If possible, put me down for a maybe too, I won't know until the 15-18th December if I can make it, will damn well try though.

That would be superb if you could come too! :) Fingers crossed mate!

Okay so someone is going to book the back room of The Giblet, but would our colonial cousins be ready for Mr Nesbitt and Mr Cotter to be our hosts?

Och aye, nae bother ya bas! :popcorn:

The Giblet is far too salubrious. I believe Del is scoping out The Royal Oak in Nitshill and the The Morvern Bar.

More good suggestions - thanks! :popcorn:

opus9

Hot off the press..First images for promotional poster of the 'Glasge' get together man..

MenInKilts.jpg

drunk-girls.jpg

collegehumor.de7f8eb54595b7d60a3ec55dbe6309d1.jpg

Russ says

'... ittle be 'kin brylyant man'

russabbot0709_228x411.jpg

Dendo

Thanks for getting this moving Del.

Can not wait.............

..........it has been days since my last GTG :)

Del

No problem Dendo - should be a blast!

:) @ opus! C U Jimmy!

Del

Hi folks,

I've been speaking with Aston and Onionbag about some possible venues for the GTG and I'd like to share my thoughts so far.

As I've said already, it's Derby Day in Glasgow (i.e. Celtic and Rangers are playing in the evening) and the city can go a bit crazy when these two teams get together. So, I think we should consider meeting somewhere in Shawlands on the south side of the city - for those of you who don't know Glasgow, it is a very popular area outwith the city centre for nights out and has a plethora of restaurants and bars, and also a night club or two if that's your thing. It's also quite easy to get to from the city centre by taxi, train or bus. And it is unlikely to get just as crazy as the city centre might once the match has finished, although I cannot guarantee that! ;)

However, if our non-Weggies will be disappointed that they are not in Glasgow city centre proper then please say so and we will go there instead.

I'm going to look at the following two venues that appear to be able to provide some kind of private dining/function area at no extra cost. My idea is that we meet here at say 5pm for introductions and drinks, then have some food in the same place. Depending on how we are enjoying the place we can stay or we can move to another pub nearby (there are literally dozens to choose from) either to catch some of the match on TV (and watch the mighty Gers beating that other lot ;) ) or we can avoid the "football pubs" and choose another one, e.g. The Granary, Tusk, Linen, Stube, etc....)

Anyway, first place to consider is The Waverley Tea Room - link.

The second place to consider is The Social Animal - link.

Comments welcome - I want everybody to enjoy this GTG so if this is "shite" then please say so! ;)

:thumbsup2:

onionbag

Both of those are great venues..The Waverley has great food and The Social ......it's got a quiz on!!! How good is that? ;)

Aren

You guys will have a GREAT time at a GTG. :D

I would really encourage any member who can make it to go.

Glasgow would be fun! Take the time and get yourselves to the GTG.

We had a great time at the East Coast GTG...special thanks to GHR and Dendo. ;)

Arranging and coordinating these GTG's is a lot of work.

Get yourself to a GTG...You will see beautiful watches and meet the members. ;) ;) :thumbsup2:

Try it, you'll like it !

:boobies2:

Dendo

Both venues are fine by me. Shawlands is great also - good choice given that the big game is on. Guess it must be at Parkhead or you would be there Del ;)

Del

Thanks Onionbag and Dendo for the feedback on the venues. And yes, the game's at Parkhead! ;)

@ Aren - thanks for the encouragement! ;)

DeLaForce

One day I hope to make it to a gtg :mousepanic-r:

This work thing is highly overrated

Enjoy guys!!!

Chiquita Fanjita

I'm more than happy with the Sou'side, and I know my way around Shawlands very well so can be tour guide :lol:

Think staying away from the centre of town or the east end is a sensible idea on derby day, especially after Del's had a few sweet sherries and starts singing his Rangers songs :dingleberry-nemesis:

Try it, you'll like it !

:dingleberry-nemesis:

Aren, does this usually mean that boobies are involved in a GTG? :dingleberry-nemesis:

Del
Think staying away from the centre of town or the east end is a sensible idea on derby day, especially after Del's had a few sweet sherries and starts singing his Rangers songs :)

:P

I'll try to control myself....:)

Del

Anybody else fancy joining us? :blink: