Sign in to follow this  
headmonkey

Hello to all and a quick noob question.

headmonkey

Hi everyone.

I've been signed up here for a couple of weeks but I've basically been lurking and reading so this is my first post.

I'm a complete noob about reps and in my own bullish style I have decided to jump in head first rather than dip a toe in and check how hot the water is.

So after a couple of weeks I'm now in the process of waiting for a Newman Daytona from DW. I was unsure but as soon as he stated his intention to stop selling reps I had to do it.

I'm also expecting a couple of Pams, one for keepies and one for modding (I am an ex boat builder so I decided to move from big engineering to tiny engineering to keep the brain ticking over), from Naarika. And have just received a cheapie Planet Ocean quartz from a dealer on Rep Geek.

And this is the watch that I have a question about.

When I ordered the watch the pic sent was this:

YourPic.jpg

But the received item was this:

Recieveditem.jpg

Now I have to state that the dealer involved has been excellent to deal with and that I am posting this after we resolved the issue, which was dealt with very quickly at his end.

I am just wondering if there is an actual PO with this sub dial arrangement, check the differences between the 3 and 6 sub dials. I have seen plenty that looks like the top photo but can't find any reference to the one I received.

Anyhow time to cut up the credit card and smile sheepishly at the wife.

That and a couple of pairs of new shoes should calm the waters.

Best all.

greg_r

Welcome - glad you're finding the place useful. :lol:

I'll let one of our Omega fans answer your question - I know nooooooooothing about Omega POs :D

iknownothingbadge.jpg

Member X

What he said ^^^ ;)

Del

Hello and welcome! ;)

trailboss99

Welcome mate. Nope, what you received is a total fantasy AFIK.

Boatbuilder 'ey? Who did you work for?

headmonkey
Welcome mate. Nope, what you received is a total fantasy AFIK.

Boatbuilder 'ey? Who did you work for?

A Company called Will Trickett Boats in the south west of england. They make bespoke steel hulled dutch barges for live aboard.

Fantasy eh...Oh well. As a learning curve it could have gone a lot worse.

As the dealer would have no new stock of PO's till after Xmas. I was offered the chance of returning for a full refund. Or a hefty reduction to keep the watch. I went for the reduction as it is pretty well built, feels nice on my wrist and it became cheap enough. I imagine that its quite easy to swap out the dial. How easy are rep PO dials to come by?

It also made me realise that I would really like an Ultimate PO one day.

Slim

I quite like it. I would guess you didn't pay that much for it after the partial refund. I'd keep it and enjoy it until you see a PO rep you want, then sell it. Much less faff than looking for a new dial.

Welcome!

Luthier

No biggie, wear and enjoy!

And welcome to the Forum!

myaz

Welcome.

It's always so good to hear TDs stepping up to the plate like that...and new members resolving problems in a courteous way wather than going ballistic.